Interventional Procedures for Adult Structural Heart Disease - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
2014 BMA Medical Book Awards Highly Commended in Cardiology category!
Apply the latest percutaneous techniques with the practical, highly illustrated Interventional Procedures for Structural Heart Disease. This brand-new medical reference book presents full-color images, numerous tables, and invaluable clinical pearls to help you utilize today's hottest techniques and technologies for each disease, so you can offer your patients the most desirable outcomes possible.
- Master today's hottest percutaneous procedures for structural heart disease as perfected by experts from around the world, including transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), percutaneous paravalvular leak closure, transcatheter mitral valve interventions, a wide variety of adult congenital cardiovascular defect interventions, and more.
- Grasp the specific knowledge you will need for success in a variety of clinical scenarios, as well as the patient selection criteria for each invasive procedure.
- Make informed, evidence-based decisions with the latest clinical trial results and evidence integrated into each chapter.
- Visualize the newest techniques and technologies more clearly through a full-color design featuring illustrations, tables, clinical pearls, complications, and current evidence boxes.
- Seamlessly search the full text online at Expert Consult.
1 The Growing Specialty of Adult Structural Heart Disease
2 Imaging in Structural Heart Disease
3 Vascular Access for Structural Heart Disease
4 Transseptal Heart Catheterization
5 Aortic and Pulmonic Balloon Valvuloplasty
6 Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Edwards SAPIEN Valve
7 Self-Expanding Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Using the Core Valve Transcatheter Heart Valve
8 Percutaneous Pulmonary Valve Implantation
9 Percutaneous Balloon Valvuloplasty for Patients with Rheumatic Mitral and Tricuspid Stenosis
10 Percutaneous Approaches for Treating Mitral Regurgitation
11 The MitraClip Device and Procedural Overview
12 Percutaneous Repair of Paravalvular Leaks
13 Valve-in-Valve Therapy
14 Alcohol Septal Ablation for Obstructive Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy
15 Percutaneous Approach to Pericardial Window
16 Transcatheter Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion
17 Percutaneous Closure of Congenital, Acquired and Postinfarction Ventricular Septal Defects
18 Percutaneous Closure of Aortic, Coronary and Ventricular Pseudoaneurysms, Coronary Fistulae
19 Percutaneous Treatment of Pulmonary Vein Stenosis
20 Patent Foramen Ovale
21 Atrial Septal Defect Creation
22 Unwanted Vascular Communications: Patent Ductus Arteriosus, Coronary Fistulas, Pulmonary Vascular Malformations, and Aorto-Pulmonary Collaterals
23 Percutaneous Relief of Vascular Obstruction: Potpourri
John M Lasala, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Director, Interventional Cardiology, Medical Director, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University School of Medicine Saint Louis, MO and Jason H. Rogers, MD, FACC, FSCAI, Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine, Director, Interventional Cardiology and Cardiovascular Clinical Research Unit, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of California-Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA