Workbook and Competency Evaluation Review for Mosby's Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants, 9th Edition
Give your students the review and practice they need to master the nursing assistant’s role in long-term care! With chapters corresponding to the chapters in Mosby's Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants, 9th Edition, the Workbook and Competency Evaluation Review provides engaging exercises and questions to reinforce student understanding of nurse assisting concepts and procedures. Detailed procedure checklists help them master the skills tested on the NATCEP® exam, and other activities encourage critical thinking. It’s an all-in-one study guide and certification exam review!
- UNIQUE! Competency Evaluation Review section prepares you for the certification exam with content review, review questions, test-taking tips, and two practice exams.
- Engaging exercises are tied to chapter objectives in the textbook, and include matching questions, fill-in-the-blank questions, and crossword puzzles.
- Case study learning exercises help you apply concepts to practice scenarios.
- More than 100 procedure checklists allow you to practice performing nursing assistant skills and also allow for instructor and/or self-evaluation.
- Independent learning activities help to enhance your critical thinking.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the changes and new information in the 9th edition of Mosby's Textbook for Long-Term Care Nursing Assistants.
1 The Nursing Assistant Working in Long-Term Care
2 Resident Rights, Ethics, and Laws
3 Work Ethics
4 Communicating with the Health Team
5 Assisting with the Nursing Process
6 Understanding the Resident
7 Culture, Religion, and Spirituality
8 Body Structure and Function
9 The Older Person
12 Preventing Falls
13 Restraint Alternatives and Safe Restraint Use
14 Preventing Infection
15 Body Mechanics and Safe Resident Handling, Positioning, and Transfers
16 The Resident’s Unit
20 Nutrition and Fluids
21 Nutritional Support and IV Therapy
22 Urinary Elimination
23 Bowel Elimination
24 Exercise and Activity
25 Comfort, Rest, and Sleep
26 Oxygen Needs and Respiratory Therapies
27 Measuring Vital Signs
28 Assisting with the Physical Examination
29 Collecting and Testing Specimens
30 Admissions, Transfers, and Discharges
31 Wound Care
32 Pressure Injuries
33 Hearing, Speech, and Vision Problems
34 Cancer, Immune System, and Skin Disorders
35 Nervous System and Musculoskeletal Disorders
36 Cardiovascular and Respiratory Disorders
37 Digestive and Endocrine Disorders
38 Urinary and Reproductive Disorders
39 Mental Health Disorders
40 Confusion and Dementia
41 Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
42 Rehabilitation and Restorative Care
43 Assisted Living
44 Basic Emergency Care
45 End-of-Life Care
46 Getting a Job
Competency Evaluation Review
Textbook Chapters Review
Practice Examination 1
Practice Examination 2
Answers to Review Questions in Textbook Chapters Review
Clare Kostelnick, RN, BSN, Professor Emeritus and Nurse Assistant Instructor, Des Moines Area Community College