Dental Instruments - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 8th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Teach your students to identify and use more than 300 dental instruments! Dental Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 8th Edition makes it quick and easy for dental assistants and dental hygienists to master the instruments, equipment, and tray setups used in everyday practice. The book includes over 750 photographs and drawings of basic and specialty dental instruments, paired with monographs describing each instrument’s characteristics, functions, order of use, and sterilization guidelines. With a spiral-bound, flashcard-style, flip-chart format, the book also makes it easy for students to review key information and to assess their knowledge. Dental Instruments is perfect both for study and for chairside reference!
- EXPANDED! Photos and illustrations show the instrument or equipment in use within the context of dental care, also emphasizing updates in emerging technologies, infection control, implants, and orthodontics.
- More than 750 high-quality photographs and illustrations include both full and close-up views to help quickly and accurately identify and differentiate dental instruments.
- Clear, two-page spreads include a photo of each instrument along with its name, functions, characteristics, practice notes, and sterilization, with chapters progressing from basic instruments to more specialized instruments.
- Flashcard-style format is perfect for self-quizzing on dental instruments and their uses.
- Pocket size, spiral binding, and Velcro® closure enable easy, on-the-go study and use.
- Practice Notes and Sterilization Notes summarize common tray setups as well as CDC recommendations.
- Student review activities on Evolve include chapter quizzes as well as tray setup questions and exercises.
- NEW! Updated content on infection control and PPE prepares students to practice in the age of COVID-19.
- NEW! Seven videos on the Evolve website bring the book’s photos to life, demonstrating how to pass and hold different instruments, correct seating positions, and more.
1 Basic Dental Instruments
2 Enamel-Cutting Instruments
3 Local Anesthesia and Nitrous Oxide Sedation
4 Evacuation Devices, Air/Water Syringe Tip, and Dental Unit
5 Dental Handpieces
6 Burs and Rotary Attachments for Handpieces
7 Dental Dam Instruments
8 Amalgam Restorative Instruments
9 Composite Restorative Instruments
10 Fixed Prosthodontics Restorative Instruments
11 Endodontic Instruments
12 Hygiene Instruments
13 Preventive and Sealant Instruments and Whitening Trays
14 Orthodontic Instruments
15 Universal Surgical Instruments
16 Periodontal Instruments and Periodontal Surgical Instruments
17 Oral Surgery Extraction Instruments and Dental Implants
18 Sterilization and Protective Equipment
19 Dental Materials Equipment
20 Dental Imaging and Diagnostic Equipment
21 Patient Assessment and Emergency Equipment
Linda Bartolomucci Boyd, RDA, BA, Professor Emeritus, Program Coordinator Registered Dental Assisting Program, Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA