Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners, 6th Edition
The latest evidence-based guidelines to prepare students for FNP practice! With updated content and full-color illustrations, Practice Guidelines for Family Nurse Practitioners, 6th Edition provides essential information on the most current national and international guidelines and evidence-based protocols for primary care patients of all ages. Key details are easy to find with the book’s full-color format, concise outline-style guidelines, and abundant summary tables and charts. In addition to coverage of the most common conditions seen in outpatient settings, this edition includes the latest information on topics such as COVID-19 and STDs. Plus, the popular Practice Pearls boxes have been expanded throughout the book.
- Current, evidence-based guidelines for patients of all ages provide the latest guidance for managing disorders commonly seen by FNPs in primary care settings.
- Concise outline format makes it easy to quickly locate essential information.
- Quick-reference tables and charts include pediatric conditions charts, comparative charts for similar disorders, and health maintenance guidelines charts.
- Need-to-know coverage of the most common disorders helps familiarize practitioners with situations frequently encountered in clinical practice.
- Content highlights include "not-to-be-missed" content, non-urgent/non-emergent interprofessional referrals, and urgent/emergent interprofessional referrals.
- Practice Pearls highlight practical clinical wisdom gleaned from the authors’ extensive practice knowledge base.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the most common conditions and the latest national and international guidelines and evidence-based protocols, including guidelines for COVID-19 and new CDC guidelines for STDs.
- NEW! Full-color illustrations and design with high-visibility Not-to-be-Missed points and referral information aid learning and comprehension.
- NEW! Expanded Practice Pearls emphasize the variety in appearance of certain findings depending on skin tone.
- NEW! Combined cardiac and vascular chapters make information more intuitive and easier to reference.
- NEW! Expanded dermatology content reflects conditions commonly seen in family practice.
- NEW! Topics and conditions presented in alphabetical order within each chapter improve reference value, and a new alphabetical list of conditions is located on the inside the front cover of the print edition.
- NEW! Focused physical examinations are integrated into each body systems chapter as appropriate.
- NEW! Two additional appendices provide quick access to an acetaminophen dosing chart and an ibuprofen dosing chart.
1 Adult Assessment
2 Pediatric Assessment
3 Geriatric Assessment
4 Laboratory and Diagnostic Pearls
5 Skin Conditions
6 Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions
7 Respiratory Conditions
8 Cardiovascular Conditions
9 Abdominal Conditions
10 Gynecologic Conditions
11 Urinary Tract Conditions
12 Neurologic Conditions
13 Musculoskeletal Conditions
15 Endocrine Conditions
16 Pediatric Conditions
17 Psychiatric Conditions
Appendix A: Food Sources for Selected Nutrients
Appendix B: Predicted Peak Expiratory Flow Rate
Appendix C: Acetaminophen Dosing Chart
Appendix D: Ibuprofen Dosing Chart
Karen Fenstermacher, MS, RN, FNP, Family Nurse Practitioner, Mercy Primary Care, Carthage, Missouri and Barbara Toni Hudson, MSN, RN, FNP-BC, Family Nurse Practitioner, Ash Grove Family Care Clinic, Ash Grove, Missouri