Modern Dental Assisting - Elsevier EBook on VitalSource, 14th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
With its cutting-edge content, easy-to-grasp writing style, step-by-step procedures, and top-notch art program, it’s no wonder that Robinson’s Modern Dental Assisting, 14th Edition is the most trusted title in dental assisting education. Students will benefit from updated content throughout the text — including the latest technological advancements and coverage of cultural diversity and how it relates to patient care. Educators will equally love the abundance of helpful learning features, as well as the robust collection of intuitive instructional tools included with every adoption. Best of all, these support features are all integrated with the text content to help you effortlessly guide your students in mastering all aspects of dental assisting.
- Comprehensive, cutting-edge content presented in an approachable writing style aids comprehension.
- Step-by-step procedures for general and expanded functions include helpful color-coding and photos.
- Chapter features include recall questions throughout; boxes on infection control and CDC practices; and end-of-chapter elements regarding patient education, law and ethics, future trends, and critical thinking.
- Key terminology list offers definitions, visual highlights within chapter discussions, and an alphabetized list in the glossary with cross-references to chapter locations.
- Learning and performance outcomes address didactic knowledge and clinical skills mastery.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of digital technology topics in general dentistry and dental specialties prepares you to work in modern dental settings.
- NEW! Additional illustrations enhance an already stellar art program, with more than 1,700 images.
- NEW! Consistent chapter organization with modernized learning outcomes help you understand important topics more easily.
- UPDATED! Dentrix Learning Edition based on Dentrix G7.3, available for download on the companion Evolve website, gives you experience working with practice management software.
- UPDATED! Revised Dentrix exercises on the Evolve companion website correlate with the updated Dentrix Learning Edition software.
PART 1: The Dental Assisting Profession
1. History of Dentistry
2. The Dental Healthcare Team
3. The Professional Dental Assistant
4. Ethics and Code of Conduct in Dentistry
5. Dentistry and the Law
PART 2: Sciences in Dentistry
6. General Anatomy
7. General Physiology
8. Oral Embryology and Histology
9. Head and Neck Anatomy
10. Landmarks of the Face and Oral Cavity
11. Overview of the Dentitions
12. Tooth Morphology
PART 3: Oral Health and Prevention of Dental Disease
13. Impact of Oral Public Health
15. Dental Caries Preventive Dentistry
16. Periodontal Disease
17. Oral Pathology
PART 4: Infection Prevention in Dentistry
19. Disease Transmission and Infection Prevention
20. Principles and Techniques of Disinfection
21. Principles and Techniques of Instrument Processing and Sterilization
PART 5: Occupational Health and Safety
22 Regulatory and Advisory Agencies
23. Chemical and Waste Management
24. Dental Unit Waterlines
PART 6: Patient Information and Assessment
26. The Patient's Dental Record
27. Vital Signs
28. Oral Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
29. The Special Needs and Medically Compromised Patient
30. Principles of Pharmacology
31. Assisting in a Medical Emergency
PART 7: Foundation of Clinical Dentistry
32. The Dental Office
33. Delivering Dental Care
34. Dental Hand Instruments
35. Dental Handpieces and Accessories
36. Moisture Control
37. Anesthesia and Pain Control
PART 8: Radiographic Imaging
38. Foundations of Radiography, Radiographic Equipment, and Radiologic Safety
39. Dental Imaging, Dental Film, and Processing Radiographs
40. Legal Issues, Quality Assurance, and Infection Prevention
41. Intraoral Imaging
42. Extraoral Imaging
PART 9: Dental Materials
43. Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials
44. Dental Liners, Bases, and Bonding Systems
45. Dental Cements
46. Impression Materials and Methods
47. Laboratory Materials and Procedures
PART 10: Assisting in Comprehensive Dental Care
48. General Dentistry
49. Matrix Systems for Restorative Dentistry
50. Fixed Prosthodontics
51. Provisional Coverage
52. Removable Prosthodontics
53. Dental Implants
56. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
57. Pediatric Dentistry
58. Coronal Polishing
59. Dental Sealants
PART 11: Dental Administration and Communication Skills
61. Communication in the Dental Office
62. Business Operating Systems
63. Financial Management in the Dental Office
64. Marketing Your Skills
Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Former Research Associate, Department of Nutrition Gillings School of Global Public Health University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina