Kirklin/Barratt-Boyes Cardiac Surgery, 5th Edition
Not Yet Available
Expected availability date: 04-01-2025
- Expert, dependable, accurate answers for every career stage from the most comprehensive, definitive cardiac surgery text in the field!
- Comprehensive coverage of all areas of cardiac surgery, including ischemic, valvular, and congenital heart disease; cardiac tumors; constrictive pericarditis; thoracic aortic surgery; cardiac transplantation; coronary artery disease; aortic valve disease; cardiac rhythm disturbances; heart failure and transplantation; disease of the thoracic aorta; tetralogy of Fallot; anesthesia; and postoperative care.
- Latest advancements and practices. Comprehensive updates throughout.
- Includes each condition's natural history; diagnostic criteria; indications for surgery; operative techniques; and follow-up care to help readers make the most well-informed decisions and achieve optimal outcomes.
- This edition will differ from the first four editions in that 1 or 2 primary contributors will be selected for each chapter, with oversight from the relevant editor(s). Contributors will be selected based on their expertise on the subject, with a focus on including a diverse international array of contributorrs to maximize the global appeal of the book.
- Approximately 100 new illustrations
- Will include an additional chapter on Alternative Surgical and Interventional Techniques, likely under Part 1 – General Considerations. This content would include Robotic and Endoscopic Cardiac Surgery, Hybrid techniques, and Endovascular technology, among others.
- The Operative Techniques section within a number of chapters will be expanded to include catheter-based procedures, robotics, and hybrid techniques. The Special Situations and Controversies section within many chapters will be expanded as well.
James K Kirklin, MD, Professor and Director, Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, Eugene H. Blackstone, MD, Head, Clinical Investigations, Heart and Vascular Institute, Staff, Department of Quantitative Health Sciences, Cleveland Clinic; Professor of Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine of Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, Francis D. Pagani, MD PhD, Francis D. Pagani, MD PhD is the Otto Gago, MD Endowed Professor of Cardiac Surgery in the Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University of Michigan., Christo I. Tchervenkov, MD, Tony Dobell Chair of Pediatric Surgery, Tenured Professor of Surgery, McGill University, Director, Cardiovascular Surgery
Cardiovascular Surgery and Hartzell V. Schaff