Study Guide and Procedure Checklist Manual for Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 15th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Designed to support the trusted content in Kinn’s The Administrative Medical Assistant, 15th Edition, this study guide is an essential review and practice companion to reinforce key concepts, encourage critical thinking, and help you apply medical assisting content. This robust companion guide offers a wide range of activities to strengthen your understanding of common administrative skills — including certification preparation questions, a review of medical terminology and anatomy, and application exercises. Trusted for more than 65 years as a key part of the journey from classroom to career, it also features competency checklists to accurately measure your progress and performance from day one until you land your first job as a medical assistant.
- Approximately 70 step-by-step procedure checklists enable you to assess and track your performance for every procedure included in the textbook.
- Chapter-by-chapter correlation with the textbook allows you to easily follow core textbook competencies.
- Matching and acronym activities reinforce your understanding of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and chapter vocabulary.
- Short-answer and fill-in-the-blank exercises strengthen your comprehension of key concepts.
- Multiple-choice questions help you prepare for classroom and board exams.
- Workplace application exercises promote critical thinking and job readiness before you enter practice.
- Internet exercises offer ideas for expanded and project-based learning.
- NEW! Content aligns to 2022 medical assisting educational competencies.
- NEW and UPDATED! Comprehensive coverage of all administrative functions complies with accreditation requirements and includes insurance, coding, privacy and security, telehealth logistics, and more.
PART 1 – Introduction to Medical Assisting
- The Professional Medical Assistant and the Healthcare Team
- Therapeutic Communication
- Legal Principles
- Healthcare Laws
- Healthcare Ethics
- Introduction to Anatomy and Medical Terminology
- Patient Coaching
PART 2 – Fundamentals of Ambulatory Care Administration
- Written Communication
- Telephone Techniques
- Scheduling Appointments and Patient Processing
- Health Records
- Daily Operations and Safety
- Principles of Pharmacology
PART 3 – Coding and Medical Billing
- Health Insurance Essentials
- Diagnostic Coding Essentials
- Procedural Coding Essentials
- Medical Billing and Reimbursement Essentials
PART 4 – Advanced Ambulatory Care Administration
- Patient Accounts and Practice Management
- Advanced Roles in Administration
PART 5 – Assisting with Medical Specialties
- Medical Emergencies
PART 6 – Job Seeking
- Skills and Strategies
Brigitte Niedzwiecki, RN, MSN, RMA, Medical Assistant Program Director & Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin and Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), Medical Assisting Program Instructor, Health Navigator Program Director, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin