Allergy Essentials - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
- Offers a practical approach to evaluation, differential diagnosis, and treatment of allergic disorders, focused specifically on what the non-specialist needs to know for everyday practice.
- Includes new content on allergen-specific immunotherapy as well as a new chapter on precision medicine.
- Covers the most recent allergy tests, including blood tests, and includes current discussions of biologicals as therapeutics.
- Provides focused, relevant information on basic immunology and physiology, epidemiology, and allergens.
- Begins each chapter with a handy summary of key concepts to help you quickly identify important information.
- Authored by the same internationally recognized experts that produce Middleton’s Allergy, the definitive text in the field.
- An ideal resource for primary care providers who are increasingly seeing and treating patients with allergic conditions as well as allergists who need a concise and current practice reference.
1 Introduction to mechanisms of allergic diseases
2 Precision Medicine
3 Epidemiology of Allergic Diseases
4 Indoor and Outdoor Allergens and Pollutants
5 Principles of allergy diagnosis
6 Allergen-specific immunotherapy
8 Allergic rhinitis and conjunctivitis
9 Drug allergy
11 Atopic dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis
12 Food allergy and gastrointestinal syndromes
14 Occupational allergy
15 Insect allergy
Robyn E. O'Hehir, FRACP, PhD, FRCPath, Alfred Hospital and Monash University, Department of Allergy, Immunology, and Respiratory Medicine, Stephen T Holgate, MD, DSc, FMedSci, Clinical Professor of Immunopharmacology Medical Faculty in Clinical and Experimental Sciences, Gurjit K. Khurana Hershey, MD, PhD, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics and Aziz Sheikh, MD, Professor of Primary Care Research and Development Co-Director of the Centre of Medical Informatics