Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Prepare your students for success on the NCLEX-RN® exam with this comprehensive Q&A review! Based on the test’s current blueprint, Saunders Q & A Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination, 9th Edition provides more than 6,000 practice questions in a question-and-answer format. To unpack the complexities of the NCLEX exam, each question includes rationales for correct and incorrect answers, a test-taking strategy, clinical judgment situations, priority nursing tips, and a Health Problem code allowing students to select questions by medical diagnosis. Q&A practice is also provided on the Evolve website, with options to answer questions in Study mode or in Exam mode. From the most trusted names in NCLEX review, Linda Anne Silvestri and Angela Silvestri, this resource is part of the popular Saunders Pyramid to Success.
- Detailed rationales are provided for both correct and incorrect answer options.
- UNIQUE! Priority Nursing Tip for each question provide key points to remember for the NCLEX.
- Test-taking strategy is included for each question, providing clues for analyzing and selecting the correct answer.
- UNIQUE! Tear-out bookmark allows you to cover the answer column as you are practicing questions, and includes a list of the Top 10 test-taking strategies.
- All alternate item question types are represented, including multiple response, prioritizing/ordered response, fill-in-the-blank, illustration/hot spot, chart/exhibit, graphic option, audio questions with heart or lung sounds, case studies, and question types for the Next Generation NCLEX.
- Organization of chapters by Client Needs reflects the latest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- Health Problem code on practice questions allows you to select questions based on a specific medical diagnosis.
- Clinical Judgment/Cognitive Skills codes help you recognize the new clinical judgment thought process behind questions for the Next Generation NCLEX.
- NCLEX-RN® Preparation chapters introduce the NCLEX-RN and the computerized adaptive testing (CAT) format, and include advice from a recent nursing graduate plus clinical judgment and test-taking strategies.
- More than 6,000 questions on the Evolve website include an 85-question pre-test that identifies your strengths and weaknesses and generates an individualized study calendar — taking the guesswork out of what you should study next — and an 85-question post-test that helps to evaluate your progress.
- Question categories in the book and on Evolve include level of cognitive ability, NCLEX client needs area, clinical judgment/cognitive skill, integrated process, content area, health problem, and priority concepts, to help you focus on the question types you find most difficult.
- NEW! NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model (NCJMM) and Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) updates are included in the book!
- NEW! Additional case studies and item types for the NGN are included on the Evolve website, reinforcing clinical judgment and preparing you for the newest NCLEX-RN® test plan.
- NEW practice questions are included on COVID, infectious diseases, and other content areas.
UNIT I: NCLEX-RN® PREPARATION
1. Clinical Judgment and the NCLEX-RN® Examination
2. Profiles to Success
3. The NCLEX-RN® Examination: A Graduate's Perspective
4. Clinical Judgment and Test-Taking Strategies
UNIT II: CLIENT NEEDS
5. Client Needs and the NCLEX-RN® Test Plan
6. Physiological Integrity Practice Questions
7. Safe and Effective Care Environment Practice Questions
8. Health Promotion and Maintenance Practice Questions
9. Psychosocial Integrity Practice Questions
UNIT III: INTEGRATED PROCESSES
10. Integrated Processes and the NCLEX-RN® Test Plan
11. Integrated Processes Practice Questions
Linda Anne Silvestri, PhD, RN, ANEF, FAAN, Nursing Instructor, University of Nevada, Las Vegas Las, Nevada; President, Nursing Reviews, Inc. and Professional Nursing Seminars, Inc. Henderson, Nevada; Elsevier Next Generation NCLEX® (NGN) Thought Leader and Angela Silvestri, PhD, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Assistant Professor Touro University Nevada-School of Nursing