Mosby's 2023 Nursing Drug Reference - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 36th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Choose the drug handbook trusted by nurses for more than 35 years! Mosby's 2023 Nursing Drug Reference makes it easy to find the most vital information on the drugs that nurses administer most frequently. More than 5,000 drugs are profiled — including 35 new entries for drugs recently approved by the FDA. And no other drug guide places a higher emphasis on patient safety, with Black Box Warnings for dangerous adverse reactions, Safety Alerts for situations requiring special attention, and a focus on both common and life-threatening side effects. Backed with Evolve online resources, Mosby’s NDR proves there is a difference in drug guides. It’s Mosby’s bestselling drug reference for nurses!
- More than 5,000 generic and trade-name drugs are profiled, covering almost every drug you will administer in practice or in clinicals.
- Safety Alert icon highlights the most critical drug interactions and side effects.
- Black Box Warnings provide alerts to FDA warnings of dangerous or life-threatening drug reactions.
- Nursing Process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.
- Coverage of IV drug administration highlights dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Side effects information is organized by body system and identified as common or life threatening, showing signs to watch for during assessments.
- Alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access to specific drugs, and a full-color design highlights important information.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
- Overview of drug categories explains the safe administration of common classes of drugs, as well as their common side effects and interactions.
- Flexible, water-resistant cover provides durability in the clinical setting.
- NEW! Drug monographs for 35 new FDA-approved medications equip you with the latest drug information including generic names, trade names, pronunciations, do-not-confuse drugs, action, uses, contraindications, precautions, dosages and routes, side effects, pharmacokinetics, interactions (including drug/herb, drug/food and drug/lab test), nursing considerations, treatment of overdose, patient/family teaching, and more.
- NEW! Updates on drug therapies provide the most current information.
INDIVIDUAL DRUG MONOGRAPHS
A. Selected New Drugs
elexacaftor/tezacaftor/ivacaftor and ivacaftor
factor IX complex
factor IX, human
factor IX, recombinant
B. Ophthalmic, Nasal, Topical, and Otic Products
C. Vaccines and Toxoids
D. Recent FDA Drug Approvals
• Additional Monographs
• Drug Categories
Linda Skidmore-Roth, RN, MSN, NP, Consultant, Littleton, Colorado; Former Nursing Faculty, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico; El Paso Community College, El Paso, Texas