Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant - Elsevier eBook on Vital Source (Retail Access Card), 15th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
More than any other product on the market, the most successful medical assistants begin their careers with Kinn. Known for more than 65 years for its alignment with national curriculum standards, Kinn's The Administrative Medical Assistant: An Applied Learning Approach, 15th Edition teaches real-world administrative skills essential for a career in the modern medical office — always with a focus on helping students apply what they’ve learned. This edition features new and expanded content on insurance, coding, privacy and security, telehealth logistics, and much more. With its approachable writing style appropriate for all levels of learners and a full continuum of separately sold adaptive solutions, EHR documentation experience, and HESI remediation and assessment, your students will effectively master the leading skills of modern administrative medical assisting.
- Step-by-step, illustrated procedures include rationales and a focus on professionalism.
- Electronic health record (EHR) coverage provides access to hands-on activities using SimChart® for the Medical Office (sold separately).
- Applied learning approach incorporates threaded case scenarios and critical thinking applications.
- Patient education and legal and ethical features at the end of each chapter reinforce legal and communications implications within medical assisting practice.
- Key vocabulary terms and definitions are presented at the beginning of each chapter, highlighted in text discussions, and summarized in a glossary for quick reference.
- Robust Evolve companion website offers procedure videos, practice quizzes, mock certification exams, and interactive learning exercises.
- NEW! Content aligns to 2022 Medical Assisting educational competencies.
- NEW and UPDATED! Comprehensive coverage of all administrative functions complies with accreditation requirements and includes insurance, coding, privacy and security, telehealth logistics, and more.
- NEW! Artwork familiarizes you with the modern medical office and equipment.
PART 1 – Introduction to Medical Assisting
- The Professional Medical Assistant and the Healthcare Team
- Therapeutic Communication
- Legal Principles
- Healthcare Laws
- Healthcare Ethics
- Introduction to Anatomy and Medical Terminology
- Patient Coaching
- Written Communication
- Telephone Techniques
- Scheduling Appointments and Patient Processing
- Health Records
- Daily Operations and Safety
- Principles of Pharmacology
- Health Insurance Essentials
- Diagnostic Coding Essentials
- Procedural Coding Essentials
- Medical Billing and Reimbursement Essentials
- Patient Accounts and Practice Management
- Advanced Roles in Administration
- Medical Emergencies
- Skills and Strategies
PART 2 – Fundamentals of Ambulatory Care Administration
PART 3 – Coding and Medical Billing
PART 4 – Advanced Ambulatory Care Administration
PART 5 – Assisting with Medical Specialties
PART 6 – Job Seeking
Brigitte Niedzwiecki, RN, MSN, RMA, Medical Assistant Program Director & Instructor, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin and Julie Pepper, BS, CMA (AAMA), Medical Assisting Program Instructor, Health Navigator Program Director, Chippewa Valley Technical College, Eau Claire, Wisconsin