SimChart for the Medical Office: Learning the Medical Office Workflow - 2023 Edition - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Give your students a hands-on introduction to the medical office electronic health record! Learning the Medical Office Workflow, 2023 Edition, uses a guided approach to provide full access to SimChart® for the Medical Office (SCMO), Elsevier’s educational simulated electronic health record (EHR), plus clear, step-by-step instructions for all the medical assisting simulations. With SCMO access included with purchase, students will become acclimated to these simulations by completing more than 50 hours of practice tasks that address essential ABHES and CAAHEP Medical Assisting educational competencies. This procedure manual uses screenshots and best practices to make it easier for your students to work through SimChart for the Medical Office tasks and assignments in order to master documentation skills to prepare for externship and practice.
- Intuitive and realistic learning environment provides students with a safe classroom environment to develop key documentation skills.
- UNIQUE! 110 interactive assignments are aligned with ABHES, CAAHEP, and applicable CAHIIM competencies, from front office skills to clinical skills to practice management skills — providing more than 50 hours of documentation practice.
- Step-by-step instructions and accompanying SCMO screen shots help students break down common tasks and learn to work accurately and efficiently.
- Hands-on practice makes it easier for students to learn core competencies, with scenarios simulating the real-world administrative duties of the medical assistant.
- Administrative tasks give students practice managing patient scheduling in a multi-doctor practice, documenting a variety of services, processing insurance claims, posting payments, and much more.
- Simulation Playground with instructions and screenshots supplements the prebuilt assignments to give students unlimited practice with the material.
- REVISED! Each task is mapped to the 2022 Medical Assisting CAAHEP accreditation competencies, as well as applicable ABHES and CAHIIM guidelines.
Unit 1: Navigating SimChart for the Medical Office
About SimChart for the Medical Office
Unit 2: Front Office
Unit 3: Clinical Care
Unit 4: Coding & Billing
Appendix: Showcasing Experience and Portfolio Tips