The Clinician's Handbook of Natural Medicine,3rd Edition
Get instant, easy access to the natural medicine expertise you need with The Clinician’s Handbook of Natural Medicine, 3rd Edition. Written by leading authorities in complementary and integrative medicine, this portable handbook offers clear and rational directives on diagnosing and treating 80 diseases and disorders with natural medicine. Inside the pages you’ll find concise summaries of diagnostic procedures, general considerations, therapeutic considerations, and therapeutic approaches for each condition, as well as naturopathic treatment methods like dietary changes, physical therapy advice, exercise modifications, and recommended supplements and botanical medicines. Based on Pizzorno's trusted Textbook of Natural Medicine, 4th Edition and the most current evidence available, it's your key to accessing reliable, natural diagnosis and treatment options in any setting.
- More than 80 algorithms throughout text synthesize therapeutic content and provide support for clinical judgment with a conceptual overview of case management.
- Combination of expert author team and scientifically verified content assures this handbook contains the most reliable coverage of diagnostic and natural treatment methods.
- Well-organized format utilizing consistent headings helps you make fast and accurate diagnoses.
- Light, portable size enables you to easily carry the handbook along with you in practice.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest research, data, and trends — including the most current recommendations related to specific diseases and newly emerging treatments.
- NEW! Four new chapters cover female infertility, maldigestion, bronchitis and pneumonia, and pregnancy health and primary prevention of adult disease.
Acne Vulgaris and Acne Conglobata Affective Disorders Alcohol Dependence Alzheimer's Disease Angina Pectoris Aphthous Stomatitis (Aphthous Ulcer/Canker Sore/Ulcerative Stomatitis) Asthma Atherosclerosis Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema) Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Bacterial Sinusitis Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Bronchitis and Pneumonia Cancer: Integrated Naturopathic Support Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Celiac Disease Cervical Dysplasia Chronic Candidiasis Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Congestive Heart Failure Cystitis Dermatitis Herpetiformis Diabetes Mellitus Endometriosis Epilepsy Erythema Multiforme Fibrocystic Breast Disease Fibromyalgia Syndrome Gallstones Glaucoma: Acute (Angle Closure) and Chronic (Open Angle) Gout Hair Loss in Women Hepatitis, Viral Herpes Simplex HIV/AIDS: Naturopathic Medical Principles and Practice Hypertension Hyperthyroidism Hyperventilation Syndrome/Breathing Pattern Disorders Hypoglycemia Hypothyroidism Infectious Diarrhea Infertility, Female Infertility, Male Inflammatory Bowel Disease Insomnia Intestinal Protozoan Infestation and Systemic Illness Irritable Bowel Syndrome Kidney Stones Leukoplakia Lichen Planus Macular Degeneration Maldigestion Menopause Menorrhagia Migraine Headache Multiple Sclerosis Obesity Osteoarthritis Osteoporosis Otitis Media Parkinson's Disease Pelvic Inflammatory Disease Peptic Ulcers Periodontal Disease Porphyrias Pregnancy Health and Primary Prevention of Adult Disease Premenstrual Syndrome Proctologic Conditions Psoriasis Rheumatoid Arthritis Rosacea Seborrheic Dermatitis Senile (Aging-Related) Cataracts Streptococcal Pharyngitis Trichomoniasis Urticaria Uterine Fibroids Vaginitis Varicose Veins
Joseph E. Pizzorno, ND, President Emeritus, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA, USA, Michael T. Murray, ND, Faculty, Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA, USA and Herb Joiner-Bey, ND, Naturopathic Physician, WA