Immunology for Medical Students Elsevier eBook on VitalSource,2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Page Count: 320
List Price: $57.99
Or $0.00 with a valid access code
Efficiently master key immunology principles! State-of-the-art coverage brings you all of the latest scientific and clinical knowledge, including a new chapter on the use of antibodies and cytokines in immunotherapy. Crystal-clear illustrations, detailed clinical cases, and a user-friendly presentation make immunology remarkably easy to understand. And now, online access via STUDENT CONSULT makes this an even more effective learning resource!
- Crystal-clear illustrations make immunology remarkably easy to understand.
- Detailed clinical cases demonstrate real-world applications.
- Technical boxes point out important scientific advances.
- End-of-chapter checklists of learning points facilitate review.
- A new chapter explores the use of antibodies and cytokines in immunotherapy, an exciting new clinical application of state-of-the-art immunology knowledge.
- New summary illustrations open each chapter, giving you a synopsis at a glance.
- A new Glossary concisely defines all key terms.
- STUDENT CONSULT access is included at no additional charge, enabling you to consult the book online, anywhere you go · perform quick searches · add your own notes and bookmarks · follow Integration Links to related bonus content from other STUDENT CONSULT titles—to help you see the connections between diverse disciplines · and more!
Section one: Introduction
1. Basic concepts and components of the immune system
2. Basic concepts
Section two: Antigen-recognition molecules
3. Introduction to antigen recognition
4. Antigens and antibody structure
5. Antibody-antigen interaction
6. Antibody diversity
7. The T cell receptor
8. Major histocompatibility complex
9. Review of antigen recognition
Section three: Physiology
10. Antigen processing and presentation
11. Lymphocyte activation
13. The organs and tissues of the immune system
14. B cell development
15. T cell development
16. Cell-cell interaction in generating effector lymphocytes
17. Immunological memory
18. Review of immune physiology
Section four: Innate Immunity
19. Constitutive defenses including complement
21. Killing in the immune system
23. Review of innate immunity
Section five: Immune system in health and disease
24. Infections and vaccines
25. Hypersensitivity reactions
26. Immediate hypersensitivity (type I): allergy
28. Antibody-mediated hypersensitivity (type II)
29. Immune complex disease (type III hypersensitivity)
30. Delayed hypersensitivity (type IV)
31. Primary immunodeficiency
32. Secondary immunodeficiency
34. Tumor immunology
36. Review of immunity in health and disease
Roderick Nairn, PhD, Professor and Chair, Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton School of Medicine, Omaha, NE and Matthew Helbert, MBChB,FRCP, FRCPath, PhD, Consultant Immunologist, Yorkshire, UK