Exotic Animal Medicine - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Page Count: 592
Imprint: Saunders Ltd.
List Price: $95.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Exotic Animal Medicine: A Quick Reference Guide provides readily accessible, user-friendly information for veterinarians who do not have detailed knowledge of the majority of exotic pet species. The book gives the key points on differential diagnoses and diagnostics, along with background information on a wide variety of exotic pets. It is formatted so that, whether experienced with exotics or not, the clinician can at a glance view the likely conditions to be encountered within that species or animal group; develop a potential differential diagnosis list quickly; initiate an investigational plan; and view treatment regimes. Species covered include ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, pet rats, hamsters and other small rodents; parrots, budgerigars and related species, canaries, finches, toucans; lizards, snakes, tortoises and turtles, frogs, salamanders; pond fish, tropical freshwater fish and tropical marine fish.
- Covers all the commonly encountered exotic pets in one volume
- Organization of chapters by species and clinical signs
- A standard approach to information presentation, enabling the clinician to access information even more efficiently
- Suitable for veterinarians all over the world with an introduction written by an American specialist in this field
- Readily accessible, user-friendly: written in note form
Lance Jepson, MA, VetMB, CBiol, MIBiol, MRCVS, Honorary Lecturer in Exotic Medicine, Vet4dragons, Fenton Veterinary Practice, Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, UK