Churchill's Pocketbook of Orthopaedics, Trauma and Rheumatology, 2nd Edition
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- The book guides the reader through effective history taking, patient examination, and the selection and interpretation of routine investigations.
- There are sections on anatomy, paediatrics and trauma assessment, including pre- and post-operative care and complications, together with a comprehensive section on the common medications used in all three specialties.
- The book will help improve a reader’s diagnostic skills and inform about current treatment options
- In this second edition the authors have updated the content to reflect changes in surgical practice and advances in therapeutics, as well as the molecular understanding of genetic and inflammatory disorders.
- Details of common procedures have been added.
- The updated layout has new ‘overview’ and ‘hints and tips’ boxes.
- The aim of the revision has been to provide concise and important information to both medical students revising for their exams, but also to junior doctors in their first years following graduation.
- History and examination
- Trauma, injury classification and perioperative care
- Rheumatology and bone disease
- Regional orthopaedics and trauma
- Paediatric orthopaedics and rheumatology
Andrew D. Duckworth, MB ChB BSc MRCSEd MSc, Specialty Registrar (StR) and Clinical Research Fellow, Edinburgh Orthopaedic Trauma Unit, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK, Daniel Porter, MD, FRCSEd (Orth), Director of Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Tsinghua University Hospital, Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tsinghua University Medical Centre, Beijing, China and Stuart H. Ralston, MD FRCP FMedSci FRSE FFPM(Hon), Arthritis Research UK Professor of Rheumatology, University of Edinburgh; Honorary Consultant Rheumatologist, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK