Nursing Calculations - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 9th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
This internationally renowned guide to basic arithmetic for nursing students has been completely revised and updated for a new generation of readers. Now entering its ninth edition, Nursing Calculations comes with a quick-reference card fits in the pocket to remind readers of essential formulae and AN ON-LINE PROGRAM TO ALLOW FURTHER SELF-TESTING VIA THE USE OF COMPUTERS AND MOBILE DEVICES.
- Over 200,000 copies sold since publication!
- Initial self-testing chapter allows readers to identify and address areas of difficulty before moving onto practical examples
- ‘Important Boxes’ highlight potential pitfalls for the reader
- Special section on paediatrics covers medication calculations relating to body weight and body surface area
- Contains glossary and useful abbreviations
- Brings together basic math skills and clinical examples to prepare readers for real life drug calculations
- Quick-reference card fits in the pocket and remind readers of essential formulae
- Questions have been revised and updated when necessary to reflect current practice
- New material includes the use of medication charts in questions that involve medication labels
- Additional worked examples facilitate understanding of the 24-hour clock
- Contains a new revision chapter to help consolidate learning
- NOW COMES WITH AN ON-LINE PROGRAM TO ALLOW FURTHER SELF-TESTING VIA THE USE OF MOBILE DEVICES!
Formulae used in this book
1 A review of relevant calculations
2 Dosages of oral medications
3 Dosages of medications for injection
4 Intravenous infusion
5 Paediatric dosages
6 Revision of nursing calculations
John D. Gatford, Mathematics teacher, Melbourne, Australia, Nicole Phillips, DipAppSci(Nsg) BN GDipAdvNsg(Educ) MNS PhD MRCNA, Senior Lecturer in Nursing, School of Nursing, Faculty of Health, Medicine, Nursing and Behavioural Sciences, Deakin University, Burwood, Victoria, Australia, Julie Martyn and Mathew Carey, PhD, BSc, Dip-HE, PGCAP, fHEA, RGN, Lecturer in Nursing and Child Health (Education), Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, University of Plymouth, UK