Atlas of Surface Palpation - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Serge Tixa presents in this highly popular book a method of palpatory anatomy called Manual Exploration of Surface Anatomy (MESA). MESA locates anatomical structures important to clinical examination allowing careful selection of the most appropriate manual therapy technique or manoeuvre.
The new edition presents precisely and visually the various anatomical structures with the help of more than 130 colour illustrations and close to 900 black and white photographs. For every photograph showing an anatomical structure accessible to palpation, a model whose physique shows the structure clearly has been chosen. Each chapter has up to four subsections, treating the various aspects of each body region. These cover osteology, myology (musculotendinous structures), arthrology (joints and ligaments) and lastly nerves and blood vessels.
Each photograph is carefully presented and accompanied by a section of text describing the method of approach to finding the structure concerned. Whenever necessary, reminders, essential for the proper use of the methods of approach (attachments, actions and innervations) are included. Clinical notes highlight the link between palpation and clinical diagnoses.
Atlas of Surface Palpation: Anatomy of the Neck, Trunk, Upper and Lower Limbs is aimed at students and practitioners who need a method of applied anatomy in their practice.
- All new artwork programme enhances accessibility and learning
- Useful template approach aids ready understanding and allows the reader to go at his or her own speed
- Presents almost 600 photographs and line artworks to render the learning experience as easy as possible
- Contains over 160 pull out boxes to act as useful aide memoires
- Clinical Hints and Tips boxes indicate points of relevance for the clinic
- Addition of a wider range of skeletal images to provide extra information [e.g. the individual vertebrae are now included alongside the composite spine]
- Addition of new Clinical Information boxes to highlight ‘clinical nuggets’.
- Artwork programme redrawn to improve clarity and uniformity of approach
- Inclusion of the relevant dermatomes (i.e. an area of skin that is mainly supplied by a single spinal nerve).
2. Trunk and Sacrum
7. Wrist and Hand
12: Foot and Ankle
Serge Tixa, Instructor of Anatomy & Palpatory Anatomy, Swiss School of Osteopathy, Lausanne, Switzerland
Formador de profesionales de
la salud; professor de anatomía en la École
Suisse d’Ostéopathie de Lausana
Cadre de santé, professeur d'anatomie et d'anatomie palpatoire dans plusieurs écoles d´ostéopathie en France et en Europe, formateur auprès des professionnels de santé.