Public Health Mini-Guides: Obesity - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 1st Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
- Case Studies
- Boxed examples
- Thinking Points
- Summary Points at ends of chapters.
- Links to webpages, resources and further reading.
Understanding is facilitated through:
1. Defining the obesity problem
2. Obesity prevalence and trends
3. The health consequences of obesity
4. Causes of obesity
5. Individual interventions to treat obesity
6. Population approaches to preventing obesity
Nick Townsend and Angela Scriven, BA(Hons), MEd, CertEd, FRSPH, MIUHPE, Reader in Health Promotion, School of Health Sciences and Social Care, Brunel University, London, UK