Aspinall's Complete Textbook of Veterinary Nursing - Elsevier eBook on Vitalsource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
The third edition of Aspinall’s Complete Textbook of Veterinary Nursing is the ideal text for both student and qualified veterinary nurses as it covers the entire veterinary nursing syllabus. Now written in the main by veterinary nurses this book comprehensively covers all aspects of the veterinary nursing role from client communication to nutritional support.
All chapters have been revised in line with changes in legislation and regulation but also theoretical and practical aspects. Greater emphasis on the veterinary practice structure including the role of corporate businesses and use of social media bring this edition fully up to date.
The new edition welcomes Nicola Ackerman as principal editor. Nicola is past officer of the BVNA and past executive editor of the Veterinary Nursing Journal. Nicola is a winner of several awards including the Blue Cross/BVNA Veterinary Nurse of the Year and the Barbara Cooper / CAW Professional Development Award for outstanding service to the veterinary nursing profession. Nicola was the first Veterinary Nurse in the UK to become a veterinary nurse specialist in nutrition.
Evolve Resources containing
- Self-assessment questions for every chapter to test learning
- Image Bank of over 700 figures
- Additional chapters
- Comprehensive content ideal for both student and qualified veterinary nurses
- Over 700 full colour illustrations for enhanced understanding
- Written by veterinary nurses for veterinary nurses
- Recommended reading given for each chapter to aid further research
- New chapters on Emergency Critical care, Fluid therapy, Practice and Staff management and Consulting skills.
- Anaesthesia and Analgesia chapter fully revised and updated.
- New chapter on Equine Behaviour and Handling, including recognition of pain in equines.
Ethics and Animal Welfare
Customer Care and Communication
Consulting Skills and Clinics
Practice and Staff Management
Legislation and the Veterinary Nurse
Canine and Feline Anatomy and Physiology
Comparative Anatomy and Physiology of the Exotic Species
Equine Anatomy and Physiology
Canine and Feline Nutrition
Behaviour and Handling of the Dog and Cat
Behaviour and Handling of the Horse
Restraint, Handling and Administration of Medicines to Exotic Species
Introduction to Genetics
Practical Animal Breeding
The Essentials of Patient Care
Emergency and intensive Critical Care
Prevention of the Spread of Infectious Diseases
Common Medical Conditions of the Body Systems
Principles of Surgical Nursing
Principles of Anaesthesia and Analgesia
Laboratory Diagnostic Aids
Principles of Diagnostic Imaging
Management and Care of Exotic Species
Management and Care of Injured Wildlife
Stable Design and Management
Nicola Ackerman, BSc(Hons) RVN CertSAN AI MBVNA, Senior Medical Nurse, The Veterinary Hospital Group; Council member of BVNA and Victoria Aspinall, BVSc, MRCVS, Director, Abbeydale Vetlink Veterinary Training Ltd, Gloucester, UK