Midwifery Essentials: Antenatal - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
The second edition of the popular Midwifery Essentials series continues to help readers understand and master a range of core issues safely and with confidence!
Written by leading midwifery academics, each book in the series provides a user-friendly source of information which has been fully updated thruoghout to reflect the latest evidence-base for current practice. Now with an improved design to make learning as easy as possible, each paperback in the series focuses on the importance of communication and comtemporary women-centred care and presents helpful 'scenarios' to encourage debate and reflection.
The Midwifery Essentials series is ideal for all midwives - whether qualified or in training - and is also helpful to nurses and HCAs working in the maternity environment.
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Fully updated to provide a useful, friendly source of information
- Strong focus on contemporary women-centred care
- Designed to stimulate debate and reflection upon current practice, local policies and procedures
- Scenarios enable practitioners to understand the context of maternity care and explore their role in safe and effective service provision
- Helpful ‘jigsaw’ approach enables readers to explore specific topics from a variety of perspectives e.g. consent, safety and health promotion
- Explains the professional and legal issues surrounding clinical procedures
- Chapters designed to be read as a ‘standalone’ or in succession
- Emphasises the crucial role of effective communication
- Makes reference to the latest national and international guidelines
- Embraces the principles of ‘Better Births’
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Models of antenatal care: the options available
Chapter 3 The booking history
Chapter 4 Health in pregnancy
Chapter 5 Monitoring maternal physical wellbeing
Chapter 6 Monitoring women’s emotional wellbeing in the antenatal period
Chapter 7 Blood tests in pregnancy
Chapter 8 Antenatal screening for fetal abnormality
Chapter 9 Monitoring fetal wellbeing during routine antenatal care
Chapter 10 Antenatal care – preparing for the birth
Helen Baston, BA(Hons), MMedSci, PhD, PGDipEd, ADM, RN, RM, Consultant Midwife Public Health, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; Honorary Researcher / Lecturer, University of Sheffield; Honorary Lecturer Sheffield Hallam University, UK. and Jennifer Hall, EdD MSc RN RM ADM PGDip(HE) SFHEA FRCM, Independent Midwifery Educator and Researcher, Bristol, UK