Clinical Communication Skills for Medicine, 4th Edition
- This is a practical guide to learning and developing communication skills throughout medical training.
- The chapters range from the development of basic skills to those dealing with challenging and difficult situations.
- Core skills in clinical communication
- Gathering information
- Discussing sensitive topics
- Sharing information
- Shared decision making
- Breaking bad news
- Communicating with a patient’s family
- Communicating with children and young people
- Communicating with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Diversity in communication
- Communicating about medical error
Margaret Lloyd, MD, FRCP, FRCGP, Emeritus Professor of Primary Care and Medical Education, UCL Medical School, University College London, UK, Robert Bor, MA (Clin Psych), DPhil, CPsychol, CSci, FBPsS, FRAeS, UKCP, Reg EuroPsy, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Royal Free Hospital, and Organisational Consultant, London, UK and Lorraine M Noble, BSc, MPhil, PhD, Dip Clin Psychol, AFBPsS, Senior Lecturer, UCL Medical School, University College, London, UK