Kirk's Basic Surgical Techniques, 7th Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- Provides guidance on the full range of surgical techniques required by all trainee surgeons.
- Concentrates on the main principles behind the use of the surgical techniques
- Key Points boxes provide hints and tips to reinforce the main aspects of each technique.
- Now renamed Kirk’s Basic Surgical Techniques a new author has comprehensively revised the text taking full account of new developments in surgical techniques and equipment.
- A new final chapter on the handling the patient.
- Handling yourself
- Handling instruments
- Handling threads
- Handling ducts and cavities
- Handling blood vessels
- Handling skin
- Handling connective and soft tissue
- Handling bones and joints
- Handling dissection
- Handling bleeding
- Handling drains
- Handling infection
- Handling minimal access surgery
- Handling the patient
- Handling craft skills
Fiona Myint, FRCS, Consultant in Vascular and General Surgery and Honorary Senior Lecturer, University College London, Royal Free Hospital