Kirk's Basic Surgical Techniques,7th Edition
The Seventh Edition of this highly regarded title for surgical trainees gives clear, concise guidance on all aspects of acquiring surgical techniques to ensure operative success. The full range of surgical skills is comprehensively reviewed in a clear ‘how-to-do-it’ style, which consolidates those learnt both in theatre and on training courses. This new edition has been thoroughly revised by a new author based on the much praised editions by its original author Mr R M Kirk. Key Points boxes throughout the text summarise the important aspects of each technique.
- Provides guidance on the full range of surgical techniques required by all trainee surgeons.
- Concentrates on the main principles behind the use of the surgical techniques
- Key Points boxes provide hints and tips to reinforce the main aspects of each technique.
- Now renamed Kirk’s Basic Surgical Techniques a new author has comprehensively revised the text taking full account of new developments in surgical techniques and equipment.
- A new final chapter on the handling the patient.
- Handling yourself
- Handling instruments
- Handling threads
- Handling ducts and cavities
- Handling blood vessels
- Handling skin
- Handling connective and soft tissue
- Handling bones and joints
- Handling dissection
- Handling bleeding
- Handling drains
- Handling infection
- Handling minimal access surgery
- Handling the patient
- Handling craft skills
Fiona Myint, FRCS, Consultant Vascular and General Surgeon, Royal Free Hospital; Honorary Senior Lecturer, University College London, London, UK