Pudner's Nursing the Surgical Patient, 4th Edition
- Easy-to-read, easy-to-understand approach
- Ultra-clear and simple line art
- Written by 20+ expert contributors from around the UK
- Patient-centred approach places the patient at the centre of all that is done
- Reflects the latest practice and retains the principles of care
- Completely updated to reflect recent developments in the field, from advances in laparoscopic surgery to the inclusion of new surgeries that can take place in a day-care setting
- Wider scope of reference from specialist to associate nurse, to a range of healthcare professionals
- New section on patient safety including informed consent
- Expanded reference to NMC standards and guidelines
- Now with a full colour design and colour illustrations
Section 1: The basis of surgical care.
Preoperative assessment. Perioperative care. Day surgery. Perioperative stress and anxiety in the surgical patient. Wound healing in the surgical patient . Nutrition and the surgical patient. Altered body image and the surgical patient . Concepts of pain and the surgical patient. Discharge planning following surgery.
Section 2: Nursing care for specific surgical procedures.
Patients requiring neurosurgery. Patients requiring ophthalmic surgery. Patients requiring surgery to the ear, nose and throat. Patients requiring thyroid surgery. Care of the patient requiring cardiac interventions and surgery . Care of the patient requiring thoracic surgery. Patients requiring upper gastrointestinal surgery. Patients requiring colorectal and anal surgery. Patients requiring surgery on the renal and urinary tract. Patients requiring surgery on the male reproductive system. Patients requiring gynaecological surgery . Patients requiring breast surgery. Care of patients requiring vascular surgery. Patients requiring orthopaedic surgery. Patients requiring plastic surgery.
Ian Peate, OBE FRCN FRSPH EN(G) RGN DipN (Lond) RNT BEd(Hons) MA(Lond) LLM; International Paramedic; Community of Practice ( ICPoP), Visiting Professor St Georges University of London and Kingston University London,Visiting Professor Northumbria University,Visiting Senior Clinical Fellow University of Hertfordshire,Honorary Member of the Advisory Board of Antara Society of Mental Health Sciences and Jay Macleod, BSc (Hons), DipHE ODP, PCTHE, Postgraduate Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring, Lecturer and Placement Lead of Operating Department Practice Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK