Infectious Diseases - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 4th Edition
Drs. Cohen, Powderly and Opal, three of the most-respected names in infectious disease medicine, lead a diverse team of international contributors to bring you the latest knowledge and best practices. Extensively updated, the fourth edition includes brand-new information on advances in diagnosis of infection; Hepatitis C; managing resistant bacterial infections; and many other timely topics. An abundance of photographs and illustrations; a practical, clinically-focused style; highly-templated organization; and robust interactive content combine to make this clinician-friendly resource the fastest and best place to find all of the authoritative, current information you need.
- Hundreds of full-color photographs and figures provide unparalleled visual guidance.
- Consistent chapter organization and colorful page layouts make for quick searches.
- Clinically-focused guidance from "Practice Points" demonstrates how to diagnose and treat complicated problems encountered in practice.
- The "Syndromes by Body System", "HIV and AIDS", and "International Medicine" sections are designed to reflect how practicing specialists think when faced with a patient.
- Over 100 Self-Assessment test questions online help study for certification and recertification.
- Sweeping updates include new or revised chapters on:
- Hepatitis C and antivirals
- Fungal infection and newer antifungals
- Microbiome and infectious diseases as well as advances in diagnosis of infection; Clostridium difficile epidemiology; infection control in the ICU setting; Chlamydia trachomatis infection; acquired syndromes associated with autoantibodies to cytokines;; management of multidrug resistant pathogens; probiotics, polymyxins, and the pathway to developing new antibiotics
- HIV including HIV and aging, antiretroviral therapy in developing countries, and cure for HIV.
- Online Antimicrobial pharmacokinetics mannequin, as well an all new HIV medicine mannequin are a useful visual source of treatment information
Jonathan Cohen, M Sc, FRCP, FRCPath, FRCPE, FMedSci, Professor of Infectious Diseases and Dean of the Medical School, Brighton & Sussex Medical School, Brighton, UK; Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Infectious Diseases, William G Powderly, MD, J. William Campbell Professor of Medicine and Steven M. Opal, MD, Professor of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Brown University Medical School, Providence, RI, USA