Red Flags and Blue Lights-Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 2nd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
A review copy request is most likely to be fulfilled as an eBook on VitalSource rather than a print product, unless no eBook is available. eBooks become available in as little as a few hours. Print products will take between 7 and 10 days to arrive. To request a print copy, please contact the Evolve Support Center
or your Education Solutions Consultant
- The book's small, portable size makes it ideal for reference in any practice setting.
- Presents information in an accessible, at-a-glance format.
- The unique red flag hierarchy assists with clinical reasoning.
- Index of Suspicion highlights the most likely conditions indicated by specific red flags.
- Discussion of 3D thinking encourages clinicians to look beyond immediate symptoms to find the underlying cause of a problem.
- Discussion of red herrings describes how to approach indicators that may mislead a diagnosis.
- Information on the concept of conditional probabilities helps practitioners make informed clinical decisions.
Chapter 1 Introduction
Chapter 2 Communication
Chapter 3 Osteoporosis: Diagnosis
Chapter 4 Osteoporosis: Consequences and Care
Chapter 5 Cauda Equina Syndrome: Diagnosis
Chapter 6 Cauda Equina Syndrome: Consequences and Care
Chapter 7 Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression (MSCC)
Chapter 8 Metastatic Spinal Cord Compression (MSCC): Consequences and Care
Sue Greenhalgh, MA, GD Phys, FCSP, Consultant Physiotherapist and James Selfe, PhD, MA, GD Phys, FCSP, Professor of Physiotherapy, Department of Health Professions, Faculty of Health, Psychology and Social Care, Manchester Metropolitan University