A Comprehensive Guide to Rehabilitation of the Older Patient Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 4th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
This book will help all health professionals involved in the rehabilitation of older people to provide their patients with the highest possible quality of life and autonomy.
Expanded and rewritten by a diverse team of authors, the text is suitable for doctors in all specialties that see older patients, as well as nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, dietitians, speech and language therapists/pathologists, physician associates/assistants, healthcare assistants, and many others including patients, family members and students.
The book is written in an accessible, no-jargon style and provides a patient-centred perspective on recent advances in the field of rehabilitation – an increasingly important aspect of care for older people.
Duration for access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 84 months. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Clear explanations of relevant concepts: ageing, frailty, comprehensive assessment, rehabilitation
- Broad coverage of all aspects of rehabilitation including different settings
- Explanations of input from multiple health professionals
- Problem-based section that highlights solutions to common issues during rehabilitation
- Specialty-specific areas of rehabilitation such as stroke rehabilitation, cancer rehabilitation, post-operative rehabilitation, trauma, rehabilitation in the community
- Practical section explaining how to plan discharge safely, run a care planning meeting, organize home supports, continue rehabilitation at home
- Evidence-based but accessible writing, complemented by practical clinical wisdom
- Aimed at a broader audience – applicable to all health professionals who see older patients
- Resources for patients and their caregivers
- Multiple-choice questions to test knowledge
Shane O'Hanlon and Marie Smith