Baillière’s Midwives' Dictionary - Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource, 14th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Baillière’s Midwives’ Dictionary is an indispensable resource relied on by midwives around the world. Now in its 14th edition, this handy dictionary has been fully updated to define terminology relevant to contemporary midwifery and related obstetrics.
The dictionary provides clear, simple definitions that can be easily understood by midwives of all levels, from first-year students to practising midwives, maternity support workers and birth professionals. It includes illustrations and appendices to explain key concepts further.
This must-have little book will be your essential companion through your career, from the time you take your exams to your practice in an obstetric unit, community setting, home birth or an isolated location in a developing country.
- User-friendly text to support understanding
- Pocket-sized format for ease of use
- Helpful appendices address primary post-partum haemorrhage, maternal basic life support, neonatal resuscitation, management of shoulder dystocia and cord prolapse
- Useful abbreviations list
- Research methods and psychosocial terms updated
Denise Tiran, HonDUniv, FRCM, MSc, RM, PGCEA, Chief Executive Office/Education Director, Expectancy, London; Visiting Professor, Qingdao Huikang School of Nursing, Shanghai, China and Amanda Redford, RM Bsc (Hons) Midwifery, BCMA, MAcS, FEDANT