Textbook of Rabbit Medicine - Elsevier eBook on VitalSource (Retail Access Card), 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource - Access Card
Help students learn effective treatment of pet rabbits with this practical, evidence-based resource! Textbook of Rabbit Medicine, 3rd Edition provides authoritative coverage of the health and diseases of the domestic rabbit. Chapters follow a logical progression from basic rabbit science to clinical pathology, therapeutics, anesthesia, diseases and disorders by body system, and surgery. This edition is updated with the latest advances and techniques, and includes practical advice on topics such as vaccination, neutering and reproductive control, and behavior problems. Drawing from clinical information from around the world, this book is a truly global resource in veterinary medicine.
- Comprehensive, in-depth, and authoritative coverage addresses health and diseases of the domestic rabbit.
- Evidence-based coverage makes this book an excellent resource for the effective treatment of pet rabbits.
- Color illustrations and diagrams help to emphasize and clarify key content.
- Detailed drawings provide a clear understanding of the rabbit’s unique anatomy and physiology.
- Key Points boxes summarize important information.
- Clinical Techniques boxes are packed with tips from a practicing expert who regularly applies this same information in practice.
- Summary tables highlight useful information such as differential diagnoses and the drugs used to treat specific conditions.
- NEW! Thoroughly updated and expanded chapters are included throughout the book, most notably on dentistry.
- NEW! Chapters on basic and advanced surgery, shelter medicine, endocrinology, and imaging are added.
- NEW! Updated information on all drugs, anesthetics, and techniques is included throughout the book.
- NEW! Fully searchable enhanced eBook version is included with each purchase of a new copy of the print book, which allows access to all of the text and figures on a variety of digital devices.
Biological characteristics of the domestic rabbit Diet and husbandry The rabbit consultation and clinical techniques Therapeutics Anesthesia and analgesia Clinical Pathology Dental disease Abscesses Skin diseases Digestive disease Ophthalmic diseases Neurological and locomotor disorders Cardiorespiratory disease Urogenital disease General surgical principles and neutering Infectious diseases Post mortem examination Index
Molly Varga Smith, BVetMed, CertZooMed, DZooMed (Mammalian), MRCVS, Associate Veterinary Surgeon