Be a Leader in Nursing, 1st Edition
Nursing leadership is now regarded as a core competency to improve clinical outcomes, and nurses need to develop leadership skills from the very start of their career. Be a Leader in Nursing provides a comprehensive, practical guide for nurses through their leadership journey.
Written by practising nurse leader Heather Henry, the book focuses on real-world application of leadership models at all levels – from the first moments of a student placement to effective management roles later in a nurse’s career.
The enjoyable and approachable text helps the reader to understand, recognize and practise leadership skills, making the book suitable for student nurses covering leadership as part of their curriculum as well as nurses already practising in the system. It will also be invaluable to instructors teaching leadership skills to nursing students.
- Co-designed with current student nurses - contemporary and relevant content
- Quotes and real case studies to connect principles with practice
- Clear learning outcomes, practice activities and reflective practice to support learning
- Easy to read and accessible – chapters can be read in one sitting
- Practical ‘time out’ activities and ‘how to’ guides to help you to practise leadership skills as you learn
- Content consistent with the Nursing and Midwifery Council’s (NMC) Standards of proficiency for pre-registration nursing education and the Healthcare Leadership Model
- Includes current issues such as leading through social media, leadership in multidisciplinary teams and crises such as pandemics and managing failure
- Companion videos share nurses’ leadership experiences
Heather Henry, RN, BSc Hons Nursing, MBA,, Queen’s Nurse,Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Salford, Manchester, UK