Basic Science for the MRCS, 4th Edition
Most review copies are eBooks – how fast!
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
- Covers the essentials of the basic sciences – anatomy, physiology and pathology - for the MRCS examination.
- Explains the application and clinical relevance of the three sciences.
- Bulleted text for easy reading and rapid exam preparation.
- Focused on the common themes of the examination.
- Clear annotated line drawings to aid learning.
- 250 new online single-best answer questions in the format of the MRCS Part A examination. Each answer will refer back to text for further reading as required.
- New OSCE ‘Clinical scenarios’ at the end of every chapter.
1 The thorax XXX
2 The abdomen, pelvis and perineum XXX
3 The upper limb and breast XXX
4 The lower limb XXX
5 The head, neck and spine XXX
6 The nervous system XXX
7 General physiology XXX
8 Respiratory system XXX
9 Cardiovascular system XXX
10 Gastrointestinal system XXX
11 Urinary system XXX
12 Endocrine system XXX
13 Nervous and locomotor systems XXX
14 Cellular injury XXX
15 Disorders of growth, morphogenesis and differentiation XXX
16 Inflammation XXX
17 Thrombosis, embolism and infarction XXX
18 Neoplasia XXX
19 Immunology XXX
20 Haemopoietic and lymphoreticular system XXX
21 Basic microbiology XXX
22 System-specific pathology XXX
OSCE scenario answers XXX
Michael S. Delbridge, MB ChB(Hons) MD FRCS (Vascular), Consultant Vascular & Endovascular Surgeon, The Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Norwich, UK and Wissam Al-Jundi, MBBS, MSc, MEd, MBA, FRCS (CCST), Consultant Vascular and Endovascular Surgeon, 1 Edith Cavell Close, Norwich