Canine and Feline Endocrinology & REPROD, 3rd Edition
Page Count: 1104
List Price: $162.00
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
This book provides complete, current information on pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatment of endocrine, metabolic, and reproductive diseases in dogs and cats. It also discusses the importance of testing procedures in endocrine and reproductive diseases, as well as cost-effective and expedient diagnostic protocols.
- A complete review of reproduction is presented with the endocrine material, making this text the most inclusive resource overall on the topic.
- Expansive sections on Canine Male and Female Reproduction.
- The book is divided into nine sections for an organized and accessible approach to information.
- Discussions of testing procedures in endocrine and reproductive diseases.
- Explains cost-effective and expedient diagnostic protocols.
- Logical, step-by-step guidelines aid in accurate decision-making and diagnosis.
- A new chapter in the Adrenal Gland section (Section 3) addresses feline hyperadrenocorticism.
- The chapter on diabetes mellitus in the canine and feline has been divided into two chapters in order to explore the specific aspects of the disease in each species.
- All material has been extensively revised and brought up to date for this edition.
- Additional tables and algorithms throughout the book summarize and clarify information.
Section 1. The Pituitary Gland
1. Water Metabolism and Diabetes Insipidus
2. Disorders of growth Hormone
Section 2. The Thyroid Gland
4. Feline Hyperthyroidism
5. Canine Thyroid Tumors and Hyperthyroidism
Section 3. The Adrenal Gland
6. Canine Hyperadrenocotcism
7. Feline Hyperadrenocortcism
9. Pheochomocytoma and Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
10. Glucocorticoid Therapy
Section 4. The Endocrine Pancreas
11. Canine Diabetes Mellitus
12. Feline Diabetes Mellitus
13. Diabetic Ketoacidosis
14. Beta-Cell Neoplasia; Insulinoma
15. Gastrinoma, Glucagonoma, and other APUDomas
Section 5. The Parathyroid Gland
16. Hypercalcemia and Primary Hpuerparathyroidism
17. Hypocalcemia and Primary Hypoparathyroidism
Section 6. Renal Hormones and Atrial Natriuretic Hormone
18. Renal Hormones and Atrial Natriuretic Hormone
Section 7. Canine female Reproduction
19. Ovarian Cycle and Vaginal Cytology
20. Breeding, Pregnancy, and Parturition
21. Periparturient Diseases
22. Induced Abortion, Pregnancy Prevention and Termination
23. Cystic Endometrial Huperplasia/Pyometra Complex
24. Infertility, Associated Breeding Dosorders
25. Vaginal Defects, Vaginitis, and Vaginal Infection
26. Brucellosis and Transmissible Venereal Tumor
Section 8. Canine Male Reproduction
27. Clinical Evaluation of the Male Reproductive Tract
28. Disorders of the Penis and Prepuce
29. Disorders of the Testes and Epididymides
32. Artifical Insemination, Fresh Extended Semen, Frozen Semen
Section 9. Feline Reproduction
33. Feline Reproduction
Edward C. Feldman, DVM, DACVIM, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA and Richard W. Nelson, DVM, Dipl ACVIM, Professor, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA