Veterinary Medical Terminology,2nd Edition
Page Count: 408
List Price: $79.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Organized by body system, this user-friendly textbook helps you quickly gain a solid understanding of veterinary terminology. Essential word parts and terms are presented in the context of basic anatomy, physiology, and disease conditions, enabling you to immediately apply new terms to practical clinical situations. A companion Evolve website features interactive exercises that reinforce your master of veterinary terminology, as well as audio clips to help you learn proper pronunciation. Crossword puzzles at the end of each chapter test your knowledge, challenging you to go beyond simple memorization and become fluent in the language of veterinary medicine.
- A logical body-systems approach and consistent chapter format make it fun and easy to learn veterinary terminology.
- Goals, objectives, and self-study sections at the beginning of each chapter help you focus your study time and allow you to check your recall and understanding of key facts and terminology.
- Crossword puzzles at the end of each chapter reinforce important concepts and correspond to an answer key at the end of the book where you can check your responses and assess your progress.
- A complete glossary of word parts gives you quick access to the spelling and meaning of every prefix, suffix, root, and combining form covered in the book.
- An Evolve website offers interactive games and audio pronunciations to help reinforce your understanding of key word parts and terms.
- The engaging full-color format includes nearly 230 illustrations that clearly demonstrate key anatomy and physiology concepts and terminology.
- Expanded coverage of ruminant anatomy and physiology enhances your knowledge of these species and related terminology.
- Crossword puzzles at the end of each chapter test your knowledge and challenge you to use newly learned terms.
1. Introduction to Veterinary Medical Terminology
2. The Cell
3. Body Structure and Organization
4. The Hematopoietic System
5. The Lymphatic System
6. The Musculoskeletal
7. The Cardiovascular System
8. The Respiratory System
9. The Neurologic System
10. The Eye
11. The Ear
12. The Alimentary System
13. The Urinary System
14. The Reproductive System
15. The Endocrine System
16. The Integumentary System
Appendix A: Chemical Symbol–Element Cross Reference
Appendix B: Answer Key
Glossary of Word Parts
Dawn E. Christenson, LVT, Instructor, College of Veterinary Medicine, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI