Crash Course Cardiovascular System Updated Print + E-Book Edition, 4th Edition
The (printed) ‘Updated Edition’ now comes with added value access to the complete, downloadable eBook version via Student Consult. Search, read and revise whilst on the move and use the interactive self-assessment to test your understanding. Crash Course - a more flexible, practical learning package than ever before.
Crash Course – your effective every day study companion PLUS the perfect antidote for exam stress! Save time and be assured you have all the core information you need in one place to excel on your course and achieve exam success.
A winning formula now for over 15 years, each series volume has been fine tuned and fully updated, with an improved layout tailored to make your life easier. Especially written by senior medical students or recent graduates – those who have just been in the exam situation – with all information thoroughly checked and quality assured by expert faculty advisers, the result are books which exactly meet your needs and you know you can trust.
Commencing with 'Learning Objectives', every chapter guides you succinctly through the topic, giving full coverage of the curriculum whilst avoiding unnecessary and often confusing detail.
Cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death in the western world and a common cause of hospital admission. This highly accessible guide to the cardiovascular system highlights all the essential information to provide an invaluable foundation for application to clinical practice in this most fundamental of medical specialties.
- Almost 160 illustrations present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Friendly and accessible approach to the subject makes learning especially easy
- Written by students for students - authors who understand exam pressures
- Contains ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and other useful aide-mémoires
- Succinct coverage of the subject enables ‘sharp focus’ and efficient use of time during exam preparation
- Contains a fully updated self-assessment section - ideal for honing exam skills and self-testing
- Self-assessment section fully updated to reflect current exam requirements
- Contains ‘common exam pitfalls’ as advised by faculty
- Crash Courses also available electronically!
- Online self-assessment bank also available - content edited by Dan Horton-Szar!
Part I: Basic medical science 1. Overview of the cardiovascular system 2. Anatomy, histology and development of the cardiovascular system
3. Cardiac electrophysiology and arrhythmia
4. The cardiac cycle and control of cardiac output
5. Haemodynamics and vascular function 6. Integrated control of the cardiovascular system and cardiovascular reflexes 7. Atherosclerosis and ischaemic heart disease 8. Heart failure, myocardial and pericardial disease
9. Vascular disease
10. Basic history and examination of the cardiovascular system
Part II: Self-assessment SBAs EMQs
Jonathan Evans, BMedSci, Medical Student, University of Birmingham, UK