Crash Course Rheumatology and Orthopaedics Updated edition: Elsevier eBook on VitalSource, 3rd Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
The (printed) ‘Updated Edition’ now comes with added value access to the complete, downloadable eBook version via Student Consult. Search, read and revise whilst on the move and use the interactive self-assessment to test your understanding. Crash Course - a more flexible, practical learning package than ever before.
Crash Course – your effective every day study companion PLUS the perfect antidote for exam stress! Save time and be assured you have all the core information you need in one place to excel on your course and achieve exam success.
A winning formula now for over 15 years, each volume has been fine tuned and fully updated, with an improved layout tailored to make your life easier. Especially written by junior doctors – those who understand what is essential for exam success – with all information thoroughly checked and quality assured by expert Faculty Advisers, the result is a series of books which exactly meets your needs and you know you can trust.
Musculoskeletal problems represent a significant and increasing challenge in primary and secondary care, linked to an aging population, the anticipated obesity epidemic and active sports participation. It is inevitable that all doctors will need to manage patients with orthopaedic and rheumatological problems. Musculoskeletal medicine is a rapidly changing field subject to much clinical and basic science research. This superb new edition provides clear and concise coverage of the diseases that affect the musculoskeletal system and the new understanding that underlies their pathologies and treatments.
- More than 250 artworks, tables, photographs and boxes present clinical, diagnostic and practical information in an easy-to-follow manner
- Friendly and accessible approach to the subject makes learning especially easy
- Written by junior doctors for students - authors who understand exam pressures
- Contains ‘Hints and Tips’ boxes, and other useful aide-mémoires
- Succinct coverage of the subject enables ‘sharp focus’ and efficient use of time during exam preparation
- Contains a fully updated self-assessment section - ideal for honing exam skills and self-testing
- Fully updated self-assessment section – ideal for current examination practice!
- Includes useful ‘Learning Objectives’ at the start of each chapter.
- Pharmacological and disease management information updated in line with current best practice guidelines.
- Includes recent research findings.
- Discusses key aspects of patient communication – presented in easy ‘Communication’ boxes.
- Fully updated to include feedback from hundreds of students!
1 Taking a history.
2 Examining joints.
4 Regional pain.
5 Widespread musculoskeletal pain.
6 An acute hot swollen joint.
7 A child with a limp.
8 A swelling.
9 Back pain.
10 Altered sensation and weakness.
12 Rheumatoid arthritis.
14 Connective tissue diseases.
15 Metabolic bone disease.
16 Gout and pseudogout.
17 Paediatric joint disease.
20 Infection of bones and joints.
21 Principles of orthopaedic surgery.
23 Sports injuries.
24 Soft tissue disorders.
Best of five questions (BOFs).
Extended-matching questions (EMQs)