Stories in Mental Health, 2nd Edition
- All videos embedded within the eBook
- Part 1 Behind the scenes provides an overview of the structure of, and how to use, the resource.
- Part 2 Setting the scene provides the foundational concepts for practice and includes seven video and audio stories that reinforce the concepts underpinning the treatment of mental illness.
- Part 3 Stories from consumers, carers and clinicians presents 22 video and audio stories to provide insight into a range of mental health issues.
- Reflection, inquiry and action provide the framework for the teaching and learning strategies for each story.
- Weblinks and references are included for further reading and research.
- Transcripts of all interviews are included in the back of the book
- An eBook included in all print purchases
About the authors
About this resource
Part 1: Behind the scenes
Part 2: Setting the scene
Makhala’s story: Resilience
Jennifer, Anne and Christine: Cultural and social inclusion
Toby’s story: Being authentic
Bernie’s story: The lived experience
Jean’s story: Carers
Clinical supervision: Learning about self and others
Part 3: Stories from consumers, carers and clinicians
Claire’s story: How mental health has changed
Lisa’s story: Experiencing a major life transition
Mike’s story: Facilitating empowerment
Gordon’s story: Fatherhood
Rachel’s story: Relating to young people
Nadine’s story: Having a parent with a mental illness
Tara’s story: Humanising dementia care
Jeremy’s story: Beliefs and perceptions
Toby’s story: Providing an accessible service
Lorraine’s story: A creative consumer advocate
Christine’s story: Primary mental healthcare
Catherine’s story: Reframing personality disorder
Louise’s story: On conversational models
Jarrad’s story: Containing fear
Todd’s story: Consultation liaison
Sonja’s story: Finding strengths
Kay’s story: The social and physical impacts of alcohol
Colleen’s story: Health education as core to mental health nursing
Zoe’s story: Living with multiple selves
Jay’s story: Being non-judgemental
Bill’s story: Cultivating a therapeutic milieu
Debra Nizette, RN, Dip App Sc-Nr Ed, B App Sc-Nursing, MNSt, FACN, FACMHN, CMHN, Director of Nursing, Nursing and Midwifery Office, Queensland Health, QLD, Australia, Margaret McAllister, BA Qld., MEd Aust.Cath., EdD Qld.UT, RN, MHN, FACMHN, MRCNA, Professor of Nursing, Mental Health Faculty of Science, Health, Education and Engineering University of the Sunshine Coast, Queensland and Peta Marks, RN, CMHN, BN, MPH, MCFT, FACMHNRN, National Project Manager, InsideOut Institute, The University of Sydney; Director, Australian Health Consulting, Australia.