Tabbner's Nursing Care: Theory and Practice, 2-Volume Set, 8e and Essential Enrolled Nursing Skills for Person-Centred Care Workbook, 2e Value Pack
Written by Gabby Koutoukidis and Kate Stainton, Tabbner’s Nursing Care: Theory and Practice 8th edition continues to provide the most complete suite of resources for Diploma of Nursing Students in Australia and New Zealand.
The new edition provides students with the knowledge and skills to ensure safe, quality care across a range of healthcare settings. Delivery of person-centred care, critical thinking, quality clinical decision making and application of skills remain central to the text to reflect the current context and scope of practice for Enrolled Nurses.
The companion skills workbook, Essential Enrolled Nursing Skills for Person-Centred Care 2nd edition, guides students through the evidence based, practical skills they will need to go on to work as valued members of the healthcare team.
This value pack also includes Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing (EAQ) for Tabbner’s Nursing Care, 8e. Corresponding chapter-by-chapter to the core text, EAQ prepares students for tutorials, lectures and exams, with access to thousands of exam-style questions at your fingertips.
- A new focus on nursing informatics across the text and workbook prepares students for the requirements of digital health and changing health care environments
- Includes access to Elsevier Adaptive Quizzing Tabbner’s Nursing Care, 8e
- Over 2,800 self-quizzing questions that allows students to advance at their own pace — based on performance — through multiple mastery levels for each chapter
- A comprehensive dashboard allows students to view their progress, and identify areas of strength and weakness
Volume 1 Unit 1 - The evolution of the nursing profession 1. Nursing: the evolution of a profession 2. Professional nursing practice: legal and ethical frameworks 3. Nursing research and evidence-based practice Unit 2 - The contemporary healthcare environment 4. Australia’s health care delivery system 5. Nursing informatics and technology in healthcare 6. Health information: nursing documentation and clinical handover 7. Understanding and promoting health 8. Quality and safety in healthcare 9. Communication and nursing practice 10. Models of nursing care, management and leadership Unit 3 - Health beliefs, cultural diversity and safety 11. Cultural competence and safety 12. Australian Indigenous health Unit 4 - Nursing care throughout the life span 13. Nursing access across the lifespan: conception to late childhood 14. Nursing access across the lifespan: late childhood to adolescence 15. Nursing access across the lifespan: younger adulthood to older adult 16. Nursing access across the lifespan: older adult Unit 5 - Critical thinking and reflective practice 17. Critical thinking, problem based learning and reflective practice in nursing care 18. Nursing process: Framework Unit 6 - Health Assessment 19. Health assessment frameworks: initial and ongoing 20. Vital sign assessment 21. Admission, transfer and discharge process Unit 7 - Basic health care needs 22. Infection prevention and control 23. Maintenance of health: hygiene and comfort care 24. Medication administration and monitoring
Volume 2 Unit 8 - Health promotion and psychosocial and physiological nursing care 25. Nursing care of an individual: cardiovascular and respiratory 26. Nursing care of an individual: fluid and electrolyte homeostasis 27. Promotion of health and wellbeing: rest and sleep 28. Promotion of health and wellbeing: movement and exercise 29. Maintaining and promoting skin integrity and wound care 30. Promotion of health and wellbeing: nutrition 31. Nursing care: urinary elimination and continence 32. Nursing care: bowel elimination and continence 33. Nursing assessment and management of pain 34. Nursing assessment and management of sensory health 35. Nursing assessment and management of neurological health 36. Nursing assessment and management of endocrine health 37. Nursing assessment and management of reproductive health Unit 9 - Healthcare in specialised practice areas 38. Nursing care in palliation 39. Mental health and mental illness 40. Nursing care in rehabilitation 41. Nursing care: chronic illness and disability 42. Nursing in the acute care environment 43. Nursing in the perioperative care environment 44. Nursing in the emergency care environment 45. Nursing care: maternal and newborn 46. Nursing in the community 47. Nursing care in rural and remote areas
Essential Enrolled Nursing Skills for Person-Centred Care, 2nd Edition
1. Nursing informatics and technology in healthcare 2. Health Information: Nursing Documentation and Clinical Handover 3. Understanding and Promoting Health 4. Health Assessment Frameworks: Initial and Ongoing 5. Vital Sign Assessment 6. Admission, Transfer and Discharge Processes 7. Infection Prevention and Control 8. Maintenance of Health: Hygiene and Comfort Care 9. Medication Administration and Monitoring 10. Nursing Care of an Individual: Cardiovascular and Respiratory 11. Nursing Care of an Individual: Fluid and Electrolyte Homeostasis 12. Promotion of Health and Wellbeing: Movement and Exercise 13. Maintaining and Promoting Skin Integrity and Wound Care 14. Promotion of Health and Wellbeing: Nutrition 15. Nursing Care: Urinary Elimination and Continence 16. Nursing Care: Bowel Elimination and Continence 17. Nursing Assessment and Management of Sensory Health 18. Nursing Assessment and Management of Neurological Health 19. Nursing Assessment and Management of Endocrine Health 20. Nursing in the Acute Care Environment 21. Nursing in the Perioperative Care Environment 22. Nursing in the Emergency Care Environment
Gabby Koutoukidis, Dip App Sci (Nurs), BNurs (Mid), Adv Dip Nurs (Ed), MPH, Dip Business, Voc Grad Cert Business (Transformational Management), MACN, International Specialised Skills Institute Fellow, Candidate EdD (Research), Associate Director, Health & Community Care, Chisholm Institute, Melbourne, Victoria and Kate Stainton, MA HlthSci(Nurs), GDipNurs(Ed), BN(Mid), DipAppSci(Nurs), Cert IV TAE, Industry Relationship Lead, Health, Wellbeing and Community Services, SkillsPoint, TAFE NSW, New South Wales, Australia