Contexts of Nursing - Elsevier e-Book on VitalSource, 5th Edition
Elsevier eBook on VitalSource
Access to this product, which may be at the discretion of your institution, is up to 3 years of online and perpetual offline access. Elsevier reserves the right to restrict or remove access due to changes in product portfolio or other market conditions.
- Highly respected editorial team and contributors who are at the forefront of nursing practice
- Revised and updated learning objectives, key words, reflective questions, recommended readings and references
- Emphasis on the different levels and roles in nursing, nursing specialisations and scope of practice to help students understand the ever evolving landscape of nursing
- Content updated to reflect national registration and standards for practice of the NMBA and NCNZ
- ‘Stories’ throughout – featuring case studies on chapter content
- Reflection points throughout the chapters to encourage personal reflection
- New chapters, including: - Nursing and social media - Health disparities: the social determinants of health - Mental health promotion - Global health and nursing
- Includes eBook with print purchase on evolve
Chapter 1 - Presenting nursing … a career for life
Chapter 2 - Visioning the future by knowing the past
Chapter 3 - The gendered culture of nursing: a historical review
Chapter 4 - Nursing and social media - NEW!
Chapter 5 - Ideas and theory informing nursing
Chapter 6 - Becoming a critical thinker
Chapter 7 - Reflective practice: what, why and how
Chapter 8 - Research in nursing
Chapter 9 - Ethics in nursing
Chapter 10 - An introduction to legal aspects of nursing practice
Chapter 11 - Power and politics in the practice of nursing
Chapter 12 - Becoming a nurse leader
Chapter 13 - Integrated care and multidisciplinary teamwork
Chapter 14 - Technology and professional empowerment in nursing
Chapter 15 - Nursing and informatics: a transformational synergy
Chapter 16 - Healthy communities: the evolving roles of nursing
Chapter 17 - Health disparities: the social determinants of health - NEW!
Chapter 18 - Mental health promotion - NEW!
Chapter 19 - The challenges and rewards of rural and remote nursing
Chapter 20 -Cultural safety in nursing and midwifery
Chapter 21 - Connecting clinical and theoretical knowledge for practice
Chapter 22 - Global health and nursing - NEW!
John Daly, RN, BA, MEd(Hons), BHSc(N), PhD, MACE, AFACHSE, FCN, FRCNA, Dean, Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, University of Technology Sydney, NSW, Sandra Speedy, RN, BA(Hons), DipEd, MURP, EdD, MAPS, FANZCMHN, Consultant Psychologist, Emeritus Professor, Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW and Debra Jackson, RN PhD SFHEA FACN, Professor of Nursing, Susan Wakil School of Nursing, University of Sydney, NSW; Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Advanced Nursing, Wiley Online Library