This exciting series consists of 10 DVDs that present over 140 core medical assisting skills in an innovative, interactive video format. Each DVD is divided into individual sections and features at least 13 videos that follow a consistent format and focus on an essential medical assisting skill set. Actual medical assistants perform all the skills, as well as skill variations, demonstrating proper technique in the clinical setting. Interactive onscreen review questions reinforce key concepts and test understanding.
- The videos can be played on a television equipped with a DVD player, or on a computer with a DVD drive.
- Specific segments or entire videos can be paused or replayed as many times as needed for comprehension.
- Each video begins with an Overview that introduces the skill, its goal, and how it is used in the clinical setting.
- The videos outline key components for performing each skill, such as necessary equipment, OSHA standard precautions, and special patient population considerations.
- Skill Variations show alternate methods for performing common skills techniques in the clinical setting.
- Each video discusses the necessary and appropriate documentation procedure for the skill.
- What If interviews feature medical assistants discussing specific practice scenarios, encouraging users to consider what they would do in a similar situation.
- Interactive onscreen review questions at the end of each video reinforce key concepts and allow users to gauge understanding.
- Spanish subtitles provide access to written translations of all video content.
DVD ONE: ASEPSIS, INFECTION CONTROL AND STERILIZATION
9 skills/13 videos • Approx. running time: 65 minutes
Section 1: Asepsis
1.1.1 Personal Protective Equipment
1.1.2 Medical Aseptic Hand Wash
1.1.3 Applying Alcohol-Based Hand Rub
1.1.4 Applying and Removing Disposable Gloves
1.1.5 Disposal of Biohazard Waste
Section 2: Sanitization, Sterilization, Disinfection
1.2.1 Cleaning and Disinfecting Contaminated Surfaces (Variation: Large Spill)
1.2.2 Sanitizing Contaminated Instruments
1.2.3 Wrapping Instruments
Procedure A: Wrapping an Instrument Using Blue Wrap
Procedure B: Wrapping a Pack Used for Minor Surgery
Variation: Wrapping Using a Plastic Sterilization Pouch
1.2.4 Sterilizing Instruments in the Autoclave
Variation: Manual Autoclave