This exciting series consists of 10 DVDs that present over 140 core medical assisting skills in an innovative, interactive video format. Each DVD is divided into individual sections and features at least 13 videos that follow a consistent format and focus on an essential medical assisting skill set. Actual medical assistants perform all the skills, as well as skill variations, demonstrating proper technique in the clinical setting. Interactive onscreen review questions reinforce key concepts and test understanding.
- The videos can be played on a television equipped with a DVD player, or on a computer with a DVD drive.
- Specific segments or entire videos can be paused or replayed as many times as needed for comprehension.
- Each video begins with an Overview that introduces the skill, its goal, and how it is used in the clinical setting.
- The videos outline key components for performing each skill, such as necessary equipment, OSHA standard precautions, and special patient population considerations.
- Skill Variations show alternate methods for performing common skills techniques in the clinical setting.
- Each video discusses the necessary and appropriate documentation procedure for the skill.
- What If interviews feature medical assistants discussing specific practice scenarios, encouraging users to consider what they would do in a similar situation.
- Interactive onscreen review questions at the end of each video reinforce key concepts and allow users to gauge understanding.
- Spanish subtitles provide access to written translations of all video content.
Section 4: Eye and Ear Instillation and Irrigation
4.4.1 Eye Instillation
Variation: Eye Ointment
4.4.2 Eye Irrigation
4.4.3 Ear Instillation
4.4.4 Ear Irrigation
Section 5: Assisting with Examination of the Female Reproductive System
4.5.1 Assisting with the Gynecologic Exam
Procedure: Liquid Prep Method
Variation: Slide Method
184.108.40.206 Teaching Breast Self-Examination