This exciting series consists of 10 DVDs that present over 140 core medical assisting skills in an innovative, interactive video format. Each DVD is divided into individual sections and features at least 13 videos that follow a consistent format and focus on an essential medical assisting skill set. Actual medical assistants perform all the skills, as well as skill variations, demonstrating proper technique in the clinical setting. Interactive onscreen review questions reinforce key concepts and test understanding.
- The videos can be played on a television equipped with a DVD player, or on a computer with a DVD drive.
- Specific segments or entire videos can be paused or replayed as many times as needed for comprehension.
- Each video begins with an Overview that introduces the skill, its goal, and how it is used in the clinical setting.
- The videos outline key components for performing each skill, such as necessary equipment, OSHA standard precautions, and special patient population considerations.
- Skill Variations show alternate methods for performing common skills techniques in the clinical setting.
- Each video discusses the necessary and appropriate documentation procedure for the skill.
- What If interviews feature medical assistants discussing specific practice scenarios, encouraging users to consider what they would do in a similar situation.
- Interactive onscreen review questions at the end of each video reinforce key concepts and allow users to gauge understanding.
- Spanish subtitles provide access to written translations of all video content.
DVD TEN: ASSISTING WITH MINOR OFFICE SURGERY
15 skills/18 videos • Approx. running time: 90 minutes
Section 1: Preparing to Work with Patients
10.1.1 Preparing to Work with Patients
Variation: Working with a Young Child
Section 2: Surgical Asepsis
10.2.1 Performing Surgical Hand Scrub
10.2.2 Applying and Removing Sterile Gloves
10.2.3 Opening a Sterile Pack
Variation: Opening a Barrier Sterile Field
10.2.4 Adding an Item to a Sterile Field
Procedure: Peel Pack
Variation: Wrapped Item
10.2.5 Pouring a Sterile Solution
10.2.6 Covering a Sterile Field
Section 3: Minor Office Surgery
10.3.1 Preparing Sterile Supplies for the Physician
10.3.2 Skin Preparation for Minor Surgery
10.3.3 Assisting Physician to Draw Up Local Anesthetic
10.3.4 Post-Surgery Procedures
10.3.5 Removing Sutures
Variation: Removing Staples
Section 4: Dressings and Bandages
10.4.1 Changing a Sterile Dressing
10.4.2 Applying Adhesive Skin Closures
10.4.3 Bandaging with Gauze and Elastic Bandages
Variation: Using Tube Gauze