This exciting series consists of 10 DVDs that present over 140 core medical assisting skills in an innovative, interactive video format. Each DVD is divided into individual sections and features at least 13 videos that follow a consistent format and focus on an essential medical assisting skill set. Actual medical assistants perform all the skills, as well as skill variations, demonstrating proper technique in the clinical setting. Interactive onscreen review questions reinforce key concepts and test understanding.
- The videos can be played on a television equipped with a DVD player, or on a computer with a DVD drive.
- Specific segments or entire videos can be paused or replayed as many times as needed for comprehension.
- Each video begins with an Overview that introduces the skill, its goal, and how it is used in the clinical setting.
- The videos outline key components for performing each skill, such as necessary equipment, OSHA standard precautions, and special patient population considerations.
- Skill Variations show alternate methods for performing common skills techniques in the clinical setting.
- Each video discusses the necessary and appropriate documentation procedure for the skill.
- What If interviews feature medical assistants discussing specific practice scenarios, encouraging users to consider what they would do in a similar situation.
- Interactive onscreen review questions at the end of each video reinforce key concepts and allow users to gauge understanding.
- Spanish subtitles provide access to written translations of all video content.
DVD SIX: COLLECTING AND TESTING URINE AND MICROBIOLOGICAL SPECIMENS
12 skills/16 videos • Approx. running time: 80 minutes
Section 1: Collecting and Transporting Urine Specimens
6.1.1 Instructing Patients to Collect Urine Specimens
Procedure: Clean-Catch Midstream Urine Specimen
Variation: Random Urine Specimen
Variation: First Morning Specimen
6.1.2 Instructing a Patient to Collect a 24-Hour Urine Specimen
6.1.3 Using a Pediatric Urine Collection Device
6.1.4 Preparing Urine Specimens for Transport
Section 2: Urinalysis
6.2.1 Assessing Urine for Color and Turbidity
6.2.2 Dipstick Urinalysis
Variation: Automated Clinitek Instrument
6.2.3 Preparation for Microscopic Examination of Urine
Variation: Kova Method
Section 3: Other Urine Tests
6.3.1 Urine Pregnancy Test
Section 4: Collecting Microbiology Specimens
6.4.1 Collecting a Specimen for Throat Culture
6.4.2 Collecting a Wound Specimen
6.4.3 Collecting a Sputum Specimen
Section 5: Performing Microbiology Testing
22.214.171.124 Performing a Rapid Strep Test