Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: ECGs and the Heart,2nd Edition
Page Count: 432
List Price: $49.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Using lighthearted cartoons and mnemonic tools, this easy-to-read guide simplifies and clearly explains the heart and how it works. It covers the principles of ECG interpretation, to help you understand ECG rhythm and its relationship to cardiac electrophysiology. The 2nd edition features two new chapters on normal sinus rhythm and idioventricular rhythms. Over 100 NCLEX® examination-style questions are included, with 2-3 rhythm strips at the end of most chapters, and 30 more at the end of the book to practice interpretation.
- Unique presentation of content allows students to survive and thrive.
- Material is presented using adult learning principles and various active-learning strategies to engage nursing students of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles.
- Consistent chapter format breaks down information into small units and reinforces an effective thinking process.
- Special icons for Lifespan Considerations, Cultural Implications, Web Links, and Cautions help the student quickly identify special content in the chapter.
- Memory-reinforcing interactive activities (including fill-in the blank, matching, word jumbles, true/false, and crossword puzzles) promote student learning.
- Clinical terms and shorthand expressions are highlighted in parentheses to expose students to terminology that they will hear in the hospital setting.
- Boxed Take Home Points provide the benefit of years of nursing experience that students can use to prepare for their clinical rotation.
- Original cartoon-character illustrations walk the student through difficult subjects with a lighthearted approach.
- Cover design and series title better identifies the series as a fun and simple review.
- What You Will Learn section provides chapter objectives for the reader to aid their navigation through the chapters.
- Over 100 NCLEX® examination-style review questions have been moved to the ends of chapters to immediately test student knowledge.
- 2-3 rhythm strips at the end of most chapters for students to practice interpretating.
- Two completely new chapters on Normal Sinus Rhythm and Idioventricular Rhythms.
- Rhythm Strip Test, containing 30 ECG strips, included at the end of the book to test students' knowledge.
1. Anatomy and Physiology
2. Reference Points for Rhythm Strip Measurments
3. Principles of Rhythm Interpretation & Waveform Analysis
4. Measuring Atrial and Ventricular Rates
5. Analyzing the Rhythm Strip
6. Troubleshooting Problems in Waveforms
7. Electrocardiogram: Monitoring and Electrode Placement
8. Normal Sinus Rhythm (NEW)
9. Sinus Dysrhythmias
10. Atrial Dysrhythmias
11. Junctional Dysrhythmias
12. Premature Ventricular Contractions
13. Ventricular Tachycardia
14. Ventricular Fibrillation
15. Idioventricular Rhythms (NEW)
16. Asystole or Ventricular Standstill
17. Atrioventricular Blocks
18. Cardiac Noninvasive Diagnostic Tests
19. Myocardial Infarction
20. Pericarditis and Cardiac Tamponade
21. Drug Effects, Toxicities and Electrolytes
22. Conduction Defects and Accessory Pathways
23. Special Considerations
24. Rhythm Strip Test
Cynthia C. Chernecky, PhD, RN, CNS, AOCN, FAAN, Professor, Department of Physiological and Technological Nursing, School of Nursing, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, GA, Kitty Garrett, MSN, RN, CCRN, Critical Care Nurse Clinician, St. Joseph Hospital, Augusta, GA, Beverly George-Gay, RN, MSN, CCRN, Formerly Assistant Professor, Medical College of Georgia School of Nursing, Augusta, GA and Rebecca K. Hodges, RN, CCRN, Critical Care Nurse Clinician, St. Joseph Hospital, Augusta, GA