Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: Pharmacology, 2nd Edition
Page Count: 688
List Price: $47.95
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Saunders Nursing Survival Guide: Pharmacology, 2nd Edition is a study and review aid that provides students with additional information on this extensive and difficult subject area. It offers a visual, interactive approach that clearly explains topics such as drug pharmacodynamics, pharmacotherapeutics, and pharmacokinetics. Visual cues help the student retain the information by expressing the material in a fun, engaging manner with activities created to appeal to students with different learning styles. NCLEX® review questions are included at the end of each chapter review and test the students' understanding of key topics.
- Take Home Points highlight the most important points to study or use in the clinical atmosphere.
- Caution Notes alert readers to urgent information about dangerous conditions and how to avoid them.
- Lifespan Notes point out age-related variations in signs and symptoms, nursing interventions, and patient teaching.
- Culture Notes highlight possible variations related to a patient's cultural background.
- WebLinks direct readers to the Internet for additional resources.
- New introductory chapter highlights information on Drug Concepts pertinent to pharmacology.
- New chapter on drugs used to treat neuropsychiatic disorders covers the most important drugs, including anxiolytics/sedative-hypnotics, antidepressants, antipsychotics, and mood stabilizers.
- New information on anti-migraine medications gives students a better understanding of pain relief for patients.
- Revised cardiovascular section presents the material in a more streamlined approach.
- Revised NCLEX® review questions include new alternate item format questions, as well as 80 new questions.
- What You WILL LEARN familiarizes students with clear chapter objectives.
- Tell Us What YOU Think page directs students to the Saunders Nursing Survival Guide survey site where their feedback is gathered.
Chapter 1: Drug Concepts
Section A: Pharmacokinetics
Section B: Pharmacodynamics
Section C: Developmental Considerations
Chapter 2: Drugs Used to Treat Infections
Section A: Antibiotics
Section B: Antivirals
Section C: Antifungals
Chapter 3: Drugs Used to Alter Immune Function
Section A: Biologic Response Modifiers
Section B: Antineoplastic Agents
Chapter 4: Drugs Used to Treat Nervous System Disorders
Section A: Sympathetic Nervous System Drugs
Section B: Parasympathetic Nervous System Drugs
Section C: Central Nervous System Drugs
Section D: Anticonvulsants
Section E: Anesthetics
Chapter 5: Drugs Used to Treat Neuropsychiatric Disorders
Section A: Anxiolytics/Sedative-Hypnotics
Section B: Antidepressants
Section C: Antipsychotics
Section D: Mood Stabilizers
Chapter 6: Drugs Used to Treat Hematologic System Disorders
Section A: Antiplatelets
Section B: Anticoagulants
Section C: Thrombolytics
Section D: Antianemics
Chapter 7: Drugs Used to Treat Cardiovascular Disorders
Section A: Antihypertensives
Section B: Drugs Affecting Cardiac Output
Section C: Antilipidemics
Section D: Antidysrhymics
Chapter 8: Drugs Used to Treat Respiratory System Disorders
Section A: Antitussives, Decongestants, Expectorants, and Mucolytics
Section B: Antihistamines
Section C: Antiasthmatics and Bronchodilators
Chapter 9: Drugs Used to Treat Endocrine System Disorders
Section A: Pituitary and Adrenal Hormones
Section B: Thyroid and Parathyroid Drugs
Section C: Antidiabetics
Chapter 10: Drugs Used to Treat Gastrointestinal System Disorders
Section A: Antiemetics
Section B: Laxatives, Stool Softeners, and Antiflatulants
Section C: Antidiarrheals
Section D: Hyperacidity Agents
Section E: Digestive Enzymes and Intestinal Flora Modifiers
Chapter 11: Drugs Used to Treat the Genitourinary Tract and Renal Disorders
Section A: Urinary Tract Agents
Section B: Diuretics
Section C: Agents Used in Renal Failure
Chapter 12: Drugs Used to Treat Reproductive System Alterations
Section A: Male and Female Hormones
Section B: Drugs Affecting Uterine Motility
Chapter 13: Drugs Used to Treat Musculoskeletal System Disorders
Section A: Nonsteroidal Antiinflammatory Agents
Section B: Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs
Section C: Antigout Agents
Section D: Muscle Relaxants
Chapter 14: Drugs Used to Treat Sensory System Alterations
Section A: Ophthalmic Agents
Section B: Otic Agents
Section C: Dermatologics
Chapter 15: Drugs Used for Pain Relief
Section A: Nonnarcotic Analgesics
Section B: Narcotic Analgesics
Section C: Antimigraine Agents
Chapter 16: Drugs Used for Nutritional Imbalances
Section A: Vitamins
Section B: Minerals
Linda E. McCuistion, PhD, RN, ANP, CNS, Professor, South University, Richmond Campus, Glen Allen, Virginia and Kathleen Jo Gutierrez, PhD, RN, BC-ANP, BC-CNS, Independent Practice, Littleton, CO; Associate Professor School of Nursing, University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO