Rebhun's Diseases of Dairy Cattle,2nd Edition
Page Count: 704
List Price: $170.00
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
REBHUN'S DISEASES OF DAIRY CATTLE, 2nd Edition is your all-in-one guide to bovine disease management. With thorough, up-to-date coverage of differential diagnosis methods, surgical and therapeutic treatment options, and prevention strategies, it provides vital information for battling bovine diseases in both dairy and non-dairy cattle. The book is organized by body system for quick, convenient reference, and this new edition meets the growing need for management of both diseases of individual cows and problems affecting whole herds.
- Individual case presentations provide a valuable tool for differential diagnosis.
- Practical overviews for procedures such as blood transfusion, abdominal paracentesis, and ECG give you reliable support for some of the most common procedures in bovine care.
- Body systems organization makes diagnosis easier and more effective by isolating system-specific diseases and conditions.
- Full-color design and over 200 new photographs depict disease processes in realistic clarity and ensure the most accurate diagnosis and treatment.
- Emphasis on herd health addresses the dairy industry's increased concern over population medicine.
- Expanded coverage of lameness highlights key problem areas in bovine feet.
- Revised drug usage recommendations and legal considerations present the most current information in these critical areas to help you prevent dangerous or costly errors.
- Additional public health/safety considerations identify diseases that pose a substantial public threat and detail special measures for related care of dairy cattle.
- New, innovative DVD features real-time videos of neurologic case studies, ultrasound and endoscopy procedures, and imaging techniques that familiarize you with the latest technological equipment and protocols.
- Features coverage of the latest treatment innovations including antibiotic residue testing, care of individual metabolic disease, troubleshooting, and much more.
Part 1: Examination and Assessment
1. The Clinical Examination, Thomas J. Divers, Simon F. Peek, Gillian Perkins
2. Therapeutics and Routine Procedures, Thomas J. Divers and Simon F. Peek
Part 2: Diseases of Body Systems
3. Cardiovascular Diseases, Simon F. Peek and Sheila M. McGuirk
4. Respiratory Diseases, Thomas J. Divers
5. Noninfectious Diseases of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Susan Fubini and Thomas J. Divers
6. Infectious Diseases of the Gastrointestinal Tract, David C. Van Metre, Bud C. Tennant, and Robert H. Whitlock
7. Skin Diseases, Danny W. Scott
8. Diseases of the Teats and Udder, Lisle W. George, Thomas J. Divers, Norm Ducharme, and Frank Welcome
9. Reproductive Diseases, R. Hillman
10. Urinary Tract Diseases, Thomas J. Divers
11. Musculoskeletal Diseases, Chuck Guard
12. Neurologic Diseases, Alexander deLahunta and Thomas J. Divers
13. Ocular Diseases, Ronald Riis
14. Metabolic Diseases, Simon F. Peek and Thomas J. Divers
15. Miscellaneous Infectious Diseases, Frank Garry
16. Miscellaneous Toxicities and Deficiencies, Frank Garry
Thomas J. Divers, DVM, Dipl ACVIM, ACVECC, Steffen Professor of Veterinary Medicine
Large Animal Medicine, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA and Simon F. Peek, BVSc, MRCVS, PhD, Dipl ACVIM, Clinical Professor, Large Animal Internal Medicine, Theriogenology, and Infectious Diseases, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI