Video 2 from the Jarvis Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series begins with an anatomical review of the structures of the head, eyes, and ears. The head examination focuses on skull inspection and palpation and face inspection. The eye examination includes vision testing, extraocular muscle function testing, inspection of the external eye and anterior eyeball, and the ophthalmoscopic examination. The ear examination demonstrates inspection and palpation of the external ear structures, the otoscopic examination, and hearing acuity testing.
- Bonus materials include:
- Health history topics about the head, eyes, and ears
- A list of equipment for examining the head, eyes, and ears
- One cross-cultural scene about sclera variations in darkly pigmented individuals
- Two developmental scenes about finding arcus senilis in older adults and straightening a child’s ear canal
- One health promotion scenario as an overview of the topic
- A list of patient-teaching topics, ranging from vision and hearing screenings to techniques for safely cleaning the ears