Video 11 from the Jarvis Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series begins with an anatomical review of the structures of the male genitalia, anus, rectum, and prostate. Then it demonstrates the male genitalia examination, including inspection and palpation of the penis, scrotum, and inguinal area; and the rectal examination, including inspection and palpation of the anus, rectum, and prostate. It concludes with a scenario about testicular self-examination.
- Bonus materials include:
- Health history topics about the genitourinary tract and lower GI tract
- A list of equipment for examining the male genitalia, anus, rectum, and prostate
- Two cross-cultural scenes about cultural choices regarding circumcision, and populations at risk for prostate cancer
- Two developmental scenes about pubic hair and penile development in adolescence, and techniques to promote testicular descent in children
- One health promotion scenario about testicular self-examination
- A list of patient-teaching topics, ranging from sexual activity to techniques to detect bowel and prostate cancers