Physical Examination and Health Assessment DVD Series: DVD 9: Musculoskeletal System, Version 2,
List Price: $583.00
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Video 9 from the Jarvis Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series begins with an anatomical review of the bones, joints, and muscles. After presenting the order for the musculoskeletal examination, it shows how to inspect, palpate, and test muscle strength and range of motion of the temporomandibular joint, cervical spine, shoulders, elbows, wrists and hands, hips, knees, ankles and feet, and spine. To conclude, it provides a health promotion scenario about techniques for lifting that protect the back.
- Bonus materials include:
- Health history topics about the musculoskeletal system
- A list of equipment for examining the musculoskeletal system
- One cross-cultural scene about populations at risk for osteoporotic changes
- Three developmental scenes about spinal changes in older adults, pregnant women, and adolescent girls
- One health promotion scenario about safe lifting techniques
- A list of patient-teaching topics, ranging from prevention of repetitive-motion injuries to use of assistive devices for activities of daily living
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois