Physical Examination and Health Assessment DVD Series: DVD 3: Nose, Mouth, Throat, and Neck, Version 2,
List Price: $583.00
This item has low stock levels and may be back-ordered. We'll let you know if it is back-ordered, and you will not be charged until the item ships.
Video 3 from the Jarvis Physical Examination and Health Assessment Video Series begins with an anatomical review of the structures of the nose, mouth, throat, and neck. Then the nose examination shows how to inspect and palpate the external nose, nasal cavity, and paranasal sinuses. The mouth and throat examination demonstrates how to inspect and palpate all of those structures. The neck examination features inspection and palpation to assess the lymph nodes, trachea, and thyroid.
- Bonus materials include:
- Health history topics about the nose, mouth and throat, and neck
- A list of equipment for examining the nose, mouth, throat, and neck
- Three cross-cultural scenes about lip and buccal mucosa variations in darkly pigmented individuals, and torus palatinus
- Two developmental scenes about oral variations in older adults, and thyroid palpation in pregnant women
- One health promotion scenario as an overview of the topic
- A list of patient-teaching topics, ranging from tips for avoiding colds and flu to dental self-care and periodic examinations
Carolyn Jarvis, PhD, APN, CNP, Professor, School of Nursing, Illinois Wesleyan University; Nurse Practitioner, Community Health Care Clinic, Bloomington, Illinois